Chapter 36 Reactions

I was right when I said that it would be fun. However I didn't quite expect how stressful it would be. It was easy to come up with a petition with the adorable photos that I managed to snap of some wildlife. It was a rather interesting journey out into the forest. It was odd walking with wolves who would growl at any animal which would look at me the wrong way.

It was definitely empowering and I felt like a part of the pack. Despite my obviously inferior structure and strength. It was rather comforting having two wolves by my side. Ralph and Randall had volunteered to take me. I wasn't sure if that was anything to do with the situation hat Ralph and I were currently in, though Randall seemed genuinely excited.

The petition was simple, there was a photo slideshow with various animals living in their natural habitat doing their everyday things. Then there was a big black title which said 'Save the forest, save the wild'. I wasn't the best when it came to creative writing or emotive writing. It was a little tricky to word things in a way which could make the public want to sign.

There was a paragraph or two which stated the reason for the petition. I had to hand it to Abilene and Elowen, they were really helpful when creating a good atmosphere. The text read;

"These beautiful animals are going to lose their homes and their lives due to the destruction caused by humans. There are plans to tear down these homes in order to be replaced with buildings which we already have.

There are countless abandoned buildings within the city not ten minutes away from the homes which are going to be destroyed. Sign the petition to save homes and save the lives of these precious creatures, whose homes are threatened by our fellow humans."

I thought the repetition of the pronouns was a little bit too much but I was assured that it would make it be more inclusive and make it more emotional. We only had a limited amount of time before work began. We did what we could. I was pretty satisfied with it. I sent it to my university professors and they shared it with their students. We had over one hundred signatures overnight.

Whilst I was out with the brothers doing some photography, the rest of the pack were doing some research on protests. Beaumont seemed more excited than everyone else about some of the possibilities. Tempest had to be told off a few times for her wild suggestions. Yet, in the end we figured out that a peaceful protest would be the best decision for this situation. They wouldn't be able to knock down any of the trees or dig anything up if we were there not causing any harm.

I posted the idea a little while after that on the university's facebook page and it seemed that quite a few people were interested in it. The pack had gathered around me when I was posting it. It was rather emotional for me, having them there felt like I was doing something for the greater good.

"And what does this mean?" Lathen asked as he pointed to the screen which has rising numbers. I gave a slight chuckle as I watched him question it. It had been interesting watching the group have no clue.

"That's the amount of people liking it." I explained as I gestured. I got more confused looks. "If you click this button, it will show people that you like it." There was sounds of understanding. IIt made me feel like I was doing something good, teaching them and helping them understand these things.

That feeling soon vanished. I got home to my apartment and checked my phone which had run out of battery. I plugged it in and it practically exploded with messages and texts. I was hesitant to look. My phone only did that when I was in trouble with my parents.

I waited a few minutes on the edge of my bed. Considering whether or not I should look at the screen. I hadn't watched as the texts came in. The sound of the vibration was loud. I was out of the room when they came in and I was hesitant even to enter, as though the phone were a bomb which could go of at any minute.

From the edge of my bed I watched the phone which had grown silent. I was waiting for it to grow a face and shout at me. I reached over with a shaky hand and unlocked it. I was met with several messages from dad. When I say several, there were 36 or so.

I didn't go straight to the messages app, I pulled down the notifications tab and looked through them one by one. I didn't want my father to know that I had read the messages. Most of them were of the same nature. A brief summary of them all was

'Aiden Forst, I cannot believe that you would do something like this! Against your own father and against your own family. This was an opportunity which your mother needed! You've caused so much disaster within this family. You are a disgrace! I do not want to see your face around here anytime soon'

I had gotten a few messages from Harlow too, he was more supportive of the idea and asked if he could be a part of it. He even gave me a warning about how mad father was.I put my head in my hands and groaned slightly. I knew I'd be able to go home, father wasn't there a lot of the time. It's just frustrating, there's many other jobs and places where they could do this. Why did it have to be where Lathen's pack lived?

That thought jerked me out of my trance slightly. I put my phone down and lay back onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I knew that none of this was a coincidence. It was planned. It couldn't have been a coincidence, the one time that the pack was attacked in years matched up perfectly with that filming. Someone had to be behind it all.

I felt like I should've brought this up again with the pack, at least Lathen and Eban or Ralph. I talked about it slightly but we were a little too distracted. There was one good thing about this though. It meant that the petition and protest plans were getting out there. It showed that people knew they existed and it showed we might win this.