Chapter 40 comfortable mornings and conclusions

I woke up early the next morning with birds chirping outside the window. There was a faint orange light beginning to appear in the room. I didn't really feel like moving at all. I was warm and cozy. It took me a while to remember that I was cuddled up to Ralph, it took him moving for me to freeze and look over. He seemed to still be asleep in his wolf form.

I was very glad that he didn't transform back or anything during the night. I tried to keep that thought out of my mind but it was rather difficult when I was trying to distract myself. I sighed slightly and sat up. I didn't move from the bed. I thought that it would've been slightly rude. Randall was still sleeping on the other side of the room. He snored quite a bit. It was interesting sleeping with a wolf. It was very similar to having a dog sleeping on your bed.

I could hear him talk in his sleep, obviously I wasn't able to understand him. It was interesting to watch him move and twitch. I didn't do that too much, watching people sleeping is rather creepy, it doesn't matter if they're a wolf or not. I moved so that I was sitting on the edge of the bed and waited. I had brought a bag with me. I already had it packed, having not unpacked it from the last time I used it. I had my spare battery in it and was able to charge my phone.

It was enough to distract me until someone woke up. I felt like it was the stereotypical dilemma of sleepovers. When one person gets up before anyone else. I felt more movement on the bed, more than I had earlier and so I turned my head, nearly falling off the bed when I saw Ralph sitting up and staring at me.

"Good morning." I whispered slightly, I could see some humour in his eyes. I scoffed slightly before looking down. "Shhh." I hissed slightly and I couldn't stop myself from pushing hims lightly. Though my hand stayed there for a little while, I started to give him a slight stroke. He lay back down on his stomach, getting comfortable again.

"It's about half six." I told him as I moved back slightly so that the two of us could be more comfortable. Randall was snoring rather loudly so I wasn't afraid to wake him up. "You're rather comfortable." He gave a wolfy laugh which vibrated through my hand. He then reached up and licked my cheek. I scrunched my face up slightly but laughed.

"Alright, I'll take that as a thank you." He then nodded and returned to his position. We were like that for a few minutes before my stomach started to rumble. I blushed and looked down with embarrassment. "Seems my stomach wants some attention." He laughed again before jumping off the bed. He then went to his draws and poked it with his nose. It wasn't too hard for me to figure out that he wanted it to be open.

I opened the draw for him and he went inside it, going to the back and grabbed some clothes. I shut it when he was done and he left the room quickly. It wasn't long before a messy-haired Ralph appeared in the doorway with a kind smile. He gestured for me to follow which I did happily. Before I was able to leave the room though, he put a wicked smile on his face. "Randall get up!" He shouted loudly before grabbing my hand and rushing us out of the room.

I heard a rather loud thump come from behind us as well as some groans of pain. I gave a chuckle as we appeared in the kitchen. "Must you do that every morning?" Rhodes asked with a small grin. Tempest was with Rhodes as well but she looked much more unimpressed and grumpy. There were fresh cups of coffee in front of the both of them. "It does get rather old."

Ralph shrugged and shook his head. "Yes, I like being the resident alarm clock." I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. He sat down and gestured for me to follow, I hadn't realised that he was no longer holding my hand. "Where's dad?" He sounded extremely casual.

"He's checking something out." Tempest used air quotes and used a rather terrible fake accent. "He's been rather secretive this morning." She looked at us with suspicious eyes before taking a sip of her coffee. "Know anything about it?" I could tell she knew we did. The majority of the pack were asleep last night I assumed. I wasn't sure how much they knew.

"I know quite a few things." Ralph shrugged. I looked down, I didn't knhy I was feeling so self-conscious, I had talked to these guys quite a bit before. "Though, yes, something did happen." Ralph didn't say much more than that. It had led to Tempest and Rhodes' curious expressions to harden and increase. "I think that Aiden should tell you."

I looked up and glared at him slightly. "Thanks." He just chuckled and shook his head. He got up again and moved to the bread bin. "I got broken into." I said quickly with hopes that the two caught it rather quickly. Their eyes widened and they looked towards each other with worried looks.

They were about to speak but they were interrupted. "Boys." I heard a voice come from the doorway. I turned towards the voice and saw Lathen with a worried and tired expression on his face. "Come with me." Ralph looked sadly at the pieces of bread which he had taken out of the packaging and sighed.

I stood up and Ralph met me halfway as we followed the alpha through the house to the front door. "Where are we going?" Lathen paused as though he was scared of the question. He turned around to look at us directly. I couldn't read his expression, I hadn't seen it too often before.

"We're going to see another pack."