Chapter 37 Danger

Chapter 37 Danger

Ralph's POV

I sat outside with the rest of the pack as we looked up towards the stars. It was rather late in the evening so it was nearly the children's bedtime. We all had a stressful time this week so it was nice to just sit around like a family again. Though I kept feeling like there was something missing, someone missing.

It was a feeling I was used to, after I first laid eyes on Aiden I knew that we would be connected forever. I would want to be with him. It was a miracle that we got to see each other again after the past few years of being separated. Those years felt like they had went on forever.

I knew Aiden didn't feel the same.I wouldn't expect him to. Human connections were much different to a werewolf's connections and emotions. At least that was what I had read. I didn't read too much, we didn't have a lot of books around here which interested me. I was rather forced to start reading books on running a pack, you would expect there not to be a lot of those but there was much more then you would think. I also had to read some rather uncommon ones, such as how to run a business and some humanities books. All about communication and being social.

I think that it was clear I wasn't too into the celebration, conversation and relaxation. I enjoyed the time in the fresh air. I enjoyed spending time with my family. It was as though I had a feeling something bad was going to happen. It's the closest thing I could describe it as. I was sat next to Randall who looked at me with a slight frown.

"Are you alright?" he whispered to me. I had placed a hand on my chest and had a rather small frown on my face.I shook my head and looked at him with confusion. "You've been spaced out all night." I shook my head in an attempt to rid the thoughts from my mind. I gave a small sigh.

"Something is bugging me." I muttered back in hopes that served as enough explanation. Though as soon as words started to come from my mouth, I found it hard to stop them. "Like something bad is going to happen...but not, that doesn't make any sense." I groaned and leaned back slightly with my hands over my face.

"Hey, don't stress too much about it." Randall put a hand on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. "I'm sure it's nothing disastrous." His words didn't bring much comfort. Yet the fact that he was talking to me helped a little bit. "Do you think it's got something to do with Aiden?"

The questions as something that floated through my mind, I had wondered quite a lot if it was something to do with Aiden. I had felt like this before, I didn't really know what the situation was. I had no communication ith him the past few years, I couldn't ask him what he was feeling. I shrugged slightly but I nodded once. It could be. "Let's just hope that it's nothing too bad." I paused for a moment, my smile widening. "THank you."

I gave him a nudge which he returned. "For what?" He chuckled as he rubbed hsi shoulder mockingly. "Being a punching bag?" He had a small smile on hsi face as he asked. I knew he wasn't serious. I shook my head slightly and looked up towards the sky.

"For not losing your mind with me." I started as my hands fidgeted. "I know it must have been a stressful few years."He followed my gaze and looked up at the stars with a sigh. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder with a smile. Our attention was caught when our father headed towards us. He sat down on the other side of Randall .

"Yes you've been an emotional burden." Our father grinned at us with a drink in his hand. It was obvious that he was joking. "Although I do not mind bearing the burden of your emotions." He nodded towards me before his eyes gazed towards Randall. "Yours too if it ever comes to it."

Randall made an offended noise. "You don't think I'll be in love?" He placed a hand on his heart as his dramatic tendencies continued. "Father, I am insulted!" The joking caught the attention of some who were nearby and they gave a chuckle. Their attention soon drifted away from us as they focused on their own small groups.

That was common with events around here, we were one big family but we had our small partners and families within that. We all grew up together, as friends and then we went onto becoming a family. None of the adults in the pack are related. It was a bit odd for a pack, they usually had at least one lot of siblings.

"Good, you should be. Practice for the future." Dad chuckled and ruffled Randall's hair. I started to laugh but I trailed off slightly. I suddenly stood up, I didn't draw much attention other than from my brother and father. I put a hand over my chest as I looked around the area with a sort of alertness in my gaze.

Something was wrong. I didn't know what it was. I felt as though a fever had come over me suddenly. My breathing was rather hard to control, I didn't know what was happening and it wasn't helping. I was full of panic. "What's wrong?" Randall asked as he stood up with me.

My father watched me with alert eyes. I had done this a few times in the past but I never allowed anyone but my close family to see. I looked at Randall with wide eyes. I shook my head and I couldn't let any words move further than my throat. Father stood up too now and was trying to lead me into the house.

I felt vulnerable. We didn't really have much need to panic or feel anxious in our daily lives. We were usually calm. I didn't like it. I didn't get to the door before I fell to my knees. "Something's wrong."