His Weapon

The Mafia soon finds out that Skull uses a Savage Civilian weapon.

A Don had threatened them at a Mafia Ball & Skull challenged him, saying that he'll beat him bloody without any of the weapons his allies are holding or proficient in.

He accepted, the fool.

Skull, despite the others berating comments, looks and trash talk about them being able to beat this guy's ass and rip him a new one, opens up a hidden compartment in his suit and gets out a... Sock?

The Mafioso broke out in laughter, others face-palmed or seriously questioned his sanity at the same time. Why, for Primo's sake,
would he carry a sock around? Like really, a sock? Footwear?!

Reborn doing it, nobody would question what he'd possibly use it for, but Skull? Maybe the Mafia's insanity and strangeness rubbed off on him the wrong way..?

Or Reborn for that matter.

Skull went at the Don, the guys Famiglia having faith in their boss to beat the shit out of the Weakest Arcobaleno, a stuntman armed with a sock, to sock Skull a punch in the face, gut or wherever.

However, the guy got socketed in the face before the punch connected literally, by Skull's sock and howled in pain... Was there a metal spike ball/ Morningstar in there or what?

But Lancia uses that... Skull then beat the Don up even further with his sock.
"This, is a self-defense method for civilians a cousin of mine invented - the Butter Sock!" Skull bellowed, holding up his weapon like it announced the Apokalypse.

The Don forever had a phobia about butter and purple.
The others were mildly impressed (and concerned) by the kind of self-defense mechanisms civilians could come up with nowadays.

"By the way, the butter was in the sock for 4 months as that strengthens the effect."

Now they were simply disgusted and wanted to incinerate the thing into Nirvana. To begin with, was that thing even legal?

...They were Mafia.

No one asked the question of what his cousin did for a living.