Shadows and Voices

◇◇◇

Kat POV

I walked into the school with Scott and met up with Stiles and Isaac. Scott smiled at me and I smiled back to show him I was ok without my necklace for the day but something in the hallway caught my eye. I started to slowly walk down the hall leaving everyone behind me confused. I heard foot steps behind me but didn't care enough to find out who was all following me. The foot steps stopped as I got to the end of the hall and started to look around but there was nothing. Suddenly I was swept off my feet and thrown into the lockers. I started to rub my head as I heard a voice speaking in front of me but I couldn't make out what it was saying and my vision was too blurry to see anything in front of me but.. I know that voice. I know that voice and I couldn't believe I could hear it again. My heart started to race as I thought about how I knew that voice but I couldn't remember whose voice it was no matter how hard I tried. I stared at the floor still blurry as ever but heard another voice and felt someone grab my arms and lift me from the floor. By now my eyes were completely shut.

I opened my eyes slowly. I sat on the floor leaning on the lockers. My vision was still blurred but it was getting better little by little. I looked up to find Scott kneeling in front of me and Allison sitting next to me. When Scott saw me looking at him he immediately threw his arms around me squeezing me into a hug. I slowly hugged him back still taking in everything that just happened and that voice... that voice that sent shivers down my body. The scariest part is knowing you know the voice but not knowing whose voice it was and why your so scared of it.

You know for once in Beacon Hills I would like to not have to deal with my past coming to bother me... or anything supernatural for just one day... But something tells me that's not going to happen. Especially cause I think I finally remembered whose voice it was...

"Kat are you ok?" Allison asked me shaking me out of my thoughts and back to reality. I tried to speak but couldn't I just kept shaking as Scott held onto me. I finally made out two words while still trembling... "the voice". Scott immediately sprung up and asked me what I meant but my vision started to blur again and I could hear my name being repeated multiple times as the room slowly faded to a pitch black.

◇◇◇

Scott POV

I am getting really worried about Kat. I mean first she's a witch on the brink of death and then she gets cured but now she keeps passing out and seems like she's having problems sleeping which is never good. If that isn't bad enough Allison found her lying on the floor in front of the lockers and yep you guessed it she was unconscious. I sat down in front of her waiting for her to wake up as Allison sat next to her with her hand on Kats arm trying to keep her from falling on to the ground. When she woke up I hugged her but she was shaking and looked frightened and upset. Allison started to ask if she was ok so I pulled away from the hug then Kat opened her mouth to speak but only tears came out of her eyes as she looked at me.

I recognized the look she gave me. It was the look she gave at the hospital when she first saw me. It tells me that she is scared and doesn't know what she should do next. After I saw that look on her face I knew exactly what to do. I gently grabbed her hands and laid her head down on my lap as I sat next to her. That seemed to calm her down a bit and she was still shaking a bit but it was getting better slowly. We sat for a few minutes before she spoke. She was quiet but I understood her words clearly. I shot up thinking horrible things but when she finished speaking her eyes started to shut and I started calling her name but I got no response from her. I looked at Allison who also had tears in her eyes and she asked me if Kat was ok but I couldn't give her an answer because I didn't know myself. I made a promise to Kat that I would never leave her side though and I would be the best brother I could be and I will not break my promise to her.

To be honest even though I have only known Kat for less than a week I have already gotten so attached to her and having her around and it seems like she needs me as much as I need her. I kept thinking about how I could help Kat and then it hit me... my boss Deaton. He'll know what to do. He helped her once and he can do it again right? I picked up Kat and headed to the door but was stopped when I heard Stiles call my name from down the hallway. He ran over towards me asking what happened and I was going to tell him when I saw a shadow lurking down the hallway. Before I could even think I asked Stiles in a rush if he had his keys. He replied "yes" and I gave him Kat and told him to get her to Deaton at the vet clinic. Allison gave me a confused look and I told her to go with them to the clinic. She hesitated for a minute before nodding her head. I raced down the hall after the shadow as Stiles and Allison took Kat to the jeep.

When I got to the end of the hall I became face to face with Derek as he jumped out towards me. WHY IS HE ALWAYS LURKING IN THE SHADOWS (ITS SO DAMN CREEPY). "Scott did you see that?" He asked me. "See what?" I responded to him then he pointed at the lockers Kat was near when she was found passed out. I immediately spoke. "No but did you?". "Not all of it but I saw someone walk away from her and I was going to see if she was breathing still but Allison showed up so I hid. Then when I saw you and your reaction I figured that you actually do really care about her he responded. Yeah I really do I replied.

I thought so.. so I looked into a few things for you when you told me about her" he said with a half smile that started to fade. "What did you find out" I said a bit concerned seeing his smile fading." Well not only is she a rare species of witch but she's one of the most powerful kind and a whole lot stronger than most any supernatural creature. I also found out why she was being targeted when she was younger.. I am thinking it was because when her species of witch's dies an unnatural death they let out a huge blast wave that can kill any supernatural being in a 1000 mile radius.." he said. I was blown away by what Derek was telling me. How was this even possible and how did she even become a witch in the first place. I have so many questions but I am at a loss for words so.. I guess I am just speechless.

◇◇◇

Wowww. That was a bit intense. I'm sorry I have not posted in a few days again. My phone broke so now I have to use my tablet and I am still getting used to the keyboard again. Again thanks for reading! I really hope you enjoy my story! Please mind spelling, capitalization, punctuation etc. Thank you! Also my Snapchat and Instagram are in my bio if you want to add me and talk to me about any of my stories. Thank you!

❤❤❤