Feelings of Fear

◇◇◇

Kat POV

Not many kids can say that they are done with all their classwork in under 10 minutes but I am so now I am just sitting in my 1st hour class bored out of my mind. Most of the assignments that have been given to me were pretty easy. I was about to put on my headphones when the teacher called me up to her desk. She asked why I was sitting there doing nothing. I gave her a small awkward shrug and said "I got everything done". She looked at me shocked and asked to see my papers. I went back to my desk to retrieve my papers and handed them to her.

She shuffled through my finished papers for a minute and then stared at me looking confused. I looked to the ground awkwardly waiting for her to take her eyes off of me. She opens her mouth slowly and says "I am gonna hold onto this. ok?". "Umm did I do something wrong ?"I ask. "No no I just wanna check something" she said with a smile. "You can have some free time" she told me. I nodded my head slowly and sat back down. I took my headphones out and listened to music the rest of the class. I walked into the hallway and bumped into a boy with a camera in his hands.

I'm sorry I reply immediately taking off my headphones. He gets up and starts looking at the camera with a face of worry. "Is it ok?" I ask him feeling sorry. "It's fine. are you ok?" he asks. I smile slightly and laugh" I am pretty sure I should be asking you that" I said with a tiny reassuring smile.

All of a sudden I get this weird feeling in my chest and my hands start to shake. He notices and asks if I am ok. I give him a small nod and start to walk off feeling light headed. He stops me and says "hey I never got your name". "It's Kat" I say trying to hide the way I am feeling. "I'm Matt" he says with a smile. "What class do you have" he asks. "I have gym with my brother" I say trying not fall over. "Who's your brother?" he asks curiously. "Scott McCall" I say as I walk off about to collapse. That boy just does not stop asking questions.

I tried to hide how I was feeling but someone behind me grabbed my shoulder and asked if I was ok. It was the girl I saw with Derek and Isaac. "I'm.. yeah fine" I reply trying extremely hard to stay standing. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't do It and I started to tip over. She caught me and said "yeah you don't look ok". She pulled me over to a wall near the lockers. She sat down next to me and I asked her why she was helping me.

She sighs and looks at me with a small smile. "I think Derek has a soft spot for you because your Scott's little sister and Derek wants to help make sure nothing happens to you like his family" she said with a small frown. "What happened to his family?" I ask and she looks at me weird. "Scott never told you?" she asked me. "Told me what?" I reply back. "His family.. died in a fire" she says sadly. I look at the ground not knowing what to say next. "Look you gotta get to class" she says with a small smile barely noticeable. She stood up and held her hand out. I took it and felt way better as I stood up. "Thanks.." I say but then pause not knowing her name. "Erica" she replies with a smile. "Thanks Erica" I say smiling back.

I start walking to the gym. I get through the doors and Scott runs up to me asking me where I was and how he was worried about me. "I'm sorry" I say well sitting down in the bleachers. He sits next to me waiting for some sort of answer. "I was with Erica" I reply and he immediately starts to question me asking me why and what I was doing. I was about to reply when the gym doors slammed open and Stiles ran over to me and Scott not even looking up.

"I *pant* didn't *pant* see *pant* her..." he shouts panting and about to fall over. "See who I ask?" curiously. "Kat!" he says then looks up and jumps. "Jesus!" he screams and me and Scott start to giggle. "You were looking for me?" I ask quietly. Stiles looks at me with a tiny smile and says "I wanted to make sure you were ok". "Aww" I say as I grab his hand and hold it. He smiles at me and says "I am glad your ok but where were you?".