Chapter 26

Just so you guys know, and before you panic, Haylijah does not exist here. 

Chapter 26

Aislinn's POV

I was sitting up in my room when a knock signaled another's presence, and I tilted my head with a frown " How would you like to help me rid ourselves of a problem?" Elijah asked, and I frowned sitting up. " Does it involve me dying again?" I asked.

" No. But it does involve leaving the house." He said, and I sat up." What about Klaus?" I questioned, and I heard him move closer to me. " I believe there's a term for that. Besides, I hear you weren't to pleased him recently either." He stated and i grinned, before I felt him take my hand and pull me to my feet.

Several minutes later, we were walking through what Elijah told me was the church where Divina was, I was holding onto the end of his sleeve so that I wouldn't run into anything, or trip, and every once in a while his fingers would curl up to brush where I was holding onto him. I paused as he came to a stop, releasing his sleeve as he shifted to lean against the wall. I could hear a nearby scratching, as if something something were quickly being run over paper, but at someone's excited gasp it stopped. " I made a promise." Elijah said to someone, who I guessed was Divina as she called out to him. " Come in."

I heard Elijah step forward, only to pause. " This is Aislinn." Elijah said.

" You can call me Izzy." I called out, and I heard her shift in place." Hi." She muttered

" I thought it might be beneficial if she sat in during this."

" Why?" She asked hesitantly.

" Aislinn is a witch as well. Its alright. You can trust her." He said.

" I'm not from the Quarter." I told her. " Even if I was, I wouldn't be able to tell them where we are." I assured.

" I trust you." She agreed, and I stepped closer as I heard Elijah approach her. 

" The spell of unknotting?" Divina questioned as he set something on a table.

" This is a sanguinem knot. The witches use it as representational magic. If you can unknot this rope using that spell, you'll have taken an important step towards control." Elijah explained." This is one of my mother's later spells, requires much more power then you realize. Now, if you can perform this, I shall return with another page. " He started to walk away, before turning back around." A spell of your choosing next time. I'll be back for Aislinn later." He said, and I raised an eyebrow in his direction, before letting out a sigh once he was gone.

Hanging with the newbie witch. Fun

************

Several hours later, I sat leaning against the wall near the door while Davin chanted. Getting more and more frustrated the more she said the spell. " So, you said your witch." Divina said after a while, and I nodded. " Yeah, but I never really learned how to use magic. Things just sorta happen when I'm scared, or angry."  

" I can sense it." Davina said, and I frowned. " Its not like with other witches. I can feel it, but its like its hiding, buried behind something." I hadn't realized she had moved until, I felt a shooting pain in the middle of forehead. Davina and I cried out in pain, before a loud crash sounded on the other side of the room. " I...I'm sorry." I said, as she pulled herself up.

" No, that was my fault. I poked it." Davina said with a laugh. " What happened to you was horrible though." She said.

" I dont really remember much about it." I muttered. " I remember the fire, and somethings about my parents, but most of its a blur."

I heard her back over to me and take my hand, pressing something into my palm. " I have the power, but maybe if you help I can figure it out."

" I wouldn't even know where to begin." I said, shaking my head.

" Just try." She pleaded, and I let out a sigh before grabbing one end of the knot, while she grabbed the other. " Now focus." She said, and I closed my eyes, reaching for the power I had used on Silas not so long ago, echoing Davina as she chanted." Phesmatos, Omino Ligata Soluto. Vingulia Cordit." I felt the rope slip through my fingers, a gasp slipping from my lips and something rushed through me, and we let out a laugh.

" We did it." Davina cheered happily, and I grinned.

" So, your also part werewolf." Davina said some time later." Your very calm for one."

" I think its the witch part, It numbs the anger and aggression side of it. " I said.

" I dont know I've met some pretty angry witches." Davina muttered, and I shrugged." Then I dont know. Maybe I just don't have anything to be angry about. Not that angry anyway." I sighed, I was getting annoyed though. Elijah should have been back to get me hours ago, and I liked Davina, but I was tired and I was not going to sleep here where I could be discovered by marcel. 

Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out my phone and activating the speech to text function." Call Elijah." I said.

" Calling Elijah" The robotic vice echoed, the name Elijah being said in his voice with a sigh. You do not want to know how hard it is to record an Original's voice. I had to chase Klaus around for an hour just to get him to do it, while the most willing was Rebekah who actually helped me get Elijah to do it.

The phone ran twice before he picked up.

" I know you guys are busy, and everything but I didn't agree to a sleep over in an attic." I said

Apologies, Aislinn. We ran into a bit of trouble involving Hayley.

" Is everything okay?"

She appears to be missing. Niklaus and I are attempting to locate her.

" Do you know who it is was?"

Not at the moment. We will send someone to get you.

" No, focus on Hayley. Call me when you find her."

Of course.