Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Aislinn sat on the floor surrounded by paintings as her hand blindly flew across the canvas with a random color of paint that she had borrowed from Klaus, who stood watching her from the doorway with a glass of scotch in his hand; she held no brush and had no image in mind, but that didn't stop her. She had been at it since 3:00 am when Klaus had awoken her, when she was screaming in her sleep, again.

" Is there anyway to make it stop?" She had asked

" Your visions are extension of your mind, which means you have to calm your mind; if you don't they will only get worse." He explained once he had calmed her down before he had found something to take her mind off of the horrible images that plagued her mind.

Aislinn heard him walk away and she let out a sigh before getting up off the floor to find something to wash off her hands now that she was no longer under Klaus watch. It wasn't long though before Klaus brought her back down to talk to Sophie Devereaux, a witch who had linked herself to Hayley. Apparently they had a plan on how to find Davina, a witch that was being hidden by Marcel." So, you want me to explode?" She questioned in confusion. " I thought we were trying to find a way for that not to happen?"

" Look at the bright side, even if your killed then you'll just pop back up good as new." Rebekah told her and Aislinn frowned. " And what about the fact that Marcel knows that I'm not just some quarter witch with a grudge?"

" Don't worry love, that's been taken care of." Klaus told her before he spun her around, his eyes meeting hers.

" We're not completely sure how she can be compelled." Rebekah explained when Sophie sat in shock as Klaus compelled her to do as she was told." Comes in handy though when she gets stubborn." 

Klaus moved away from Aislinn and she blinked with a frown before her eyes narrowed in his direction; she walked away without a word.

" She's going to hate you for that" Rebekah said and Klaus sighed." She'll get over it. Aislinn isn't one to hold a grudge".

" There's a first time for everything." Sophie mumbled before she left to prepare for her part in the plan.

***********

Aislinn sat holding her head in pain as one of the witches, Katie channeled her untapped power but the moment that Klaus snapped her neck, Aislinn felt it to and death took Aislinn once more, the link connecting them severing with the end of Katie's life. When Klaus found her an hour later, he carried her to bed and sat with her until she was revived with the help of the pendant at her throat.

Aislinn's POV

I sat next to the pool, trying to decided if I should do anything today, while also moving my feet around in the water. I wore a tank top over a two piece swim suit, trying to find some relief from the cruel summer heat of New Orleans. I didn't know where anyone else was, but I could hear Hayley moving around the house, and I could feel someone watching me. " Hasn't anyone ever told you that it's rude to stare."

" Apologies." Elijah told me and I smiled before pulling my feet out of the water as he moved closer to me.

Elijah had been returned to us two days ago, and it was nice to have him back, not that we had had much time to talk with Klaus hovering around me at every moment; he still thought I was angry at him. " Tell me if you see Klaus coming." I said, before slipping into the water.

After several minutes, I climbed out and Elijah wrapped a towel he had retrieved from inside around me. " I have a theory." He said, as we started back toward into the house, and I frowned. " On what?"

" Your ability to be compelled."

" Oh really?" I asked, curiously, sitting down at the counter as we reached the kitchen, and he made a noise of confirmation, handing me a soda out of the fridge as he moved around to sit beside me. I raised the can to take a drink, but stopped when I felt him brush his thumb over the scared skin of my cheek. " I believe it is somehow the same as you being able to dream, or when your pulled into a vision. The echo of sight is still there. Your eyes might not see things, but your mind can. Compulsion is an ability to control the mind, not the sight. Just as it returned your sight to you when the barrier between our world, and the other side fell, magic can do many things."

" Magic sucks." I muttered and he chuckled. " That it does.