Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I smirked" come on, just one date" I told him and he sighed." what? your young, plus I'm not gonna be here much longer and your not exactly the greatest cook" I pointed out.

" I thought I made those grilled chesses pretty good"

" You forgot the plastic and if I hadn't told you-"

" That was one time" he laughed and I rolled my eyes." But still..." I told him.

" Do you remember the girl I married, the one who died"

" Yeah, Isabelle, what about her"

" Turns out, she had a daughter before we met " he sighed and my eyes widened." Really, what happened to her?"

" She gave up the baby, so she would be about your age now"

" Wow, so what? I have an adopted half-sister?" I asked and he chuckled" Apparently"

Later that night, I was sitting by myself in the grill, when someone sat across from me." Hi Izzy"

" Hi Elena" I smiled

" So...um, Alaric was married"

" Yeah" I mumbled" it's not really a topic I bring up much, Ric is still heartbroken about it. Not that I really knew her, we didn't really get along, she didn't want kids" I shrugged

" Did you know she had a kid before they were married?"

" Yeah Ric told me earlier, but she gave up kid. Why do you ask?"

" My mom's name was Isabelle" she told me

My eyes widened and the glass slipped out my hand. I shook my head and got up but she grabbed my hand." Izzy-"

" Just leave me alone" I pulled my hand free and left.

I sat in Ric's classroom, when I heard Ric tell me to go find a vending machine. I got up was about to leave, when I heard Elena start to say something but stopped. " If you want to say something Elena, say it, otherwise leave me alone" I told her only to run right into someone.

" Damon-" Ric warned

" What?" he asked" I'm Damon, Stefan's brother" he told me.

" Aislinn" I told him before walking away. I found a vending machine and when I came back, they were talking about breaking into a house." This school has absolutely nothing good in their vending machines."

" How would you know?" Rick said sarcastically.

" Good point" I laughed sitting down and putting in my headphones.

A few minutes later, Rick took me home and left with Elena and Damon.

********

I sat bored out of my mind when someone tapped me on the shoulder." Care to dance" Tyler asked and I smiled shaking my head." Two left feet, sorry"

" Just one" he begged and I sighed before agreeing but I got a bad feeling from him and let go. I made my way off the dance floor, away from the music and ran right into someone." I'm starting to think that this is our thing" Jeremy laughed.

" At least you didn't spill anything on me this time" I joked.

" Where were you going anyway"

" The clock struck midnight, and Cinderella is running" I laughed and he joined in." And who exactly are you running from?" before I could answer. Someone led me away from Jeremy, Ric." We need to go" he told me and I frowned.

" Why, what's going on?"

" Nothing, I...um, just have tons of homework to grade" he told me and I sighed.  He left me sitting in the car and I crossed my arms. When we got home, I went to my room and changed out of my dress.

*********

" And I have to do this why?" I asked crossing my arms.

" Because we agreed on it, I do the date thing and you, at least try" he reminded me and I sighed." Fine" I mumbled stubbornly. We pulled up to the community center and I got out. A few minutes later, I sat before the judges with the other contestants. They told us to tell them about ourselves and I sighed." I'm new to this town, so I'm still learning it's history, but from what I can tell, this town is more then a community, this town is like a giant family. Everyone works together and does their part. I've never done anything like this before and I'm a little nervous, but I promise I'll do my best."

A few minutes later, I was dancing with Jeremy at the school, who had volunteered." Aislinn honey, your supposed to look your partner in the eye"

" I can't really..." I trailed off and heard her gasp" Oh, I'm sorry um..."

" It's alright" I mumbled irritated, knowing that she wasn't really. When rehearsal was over. I walked down the hall to Ric's classroom and told him what happened." I'm not sure I can do this" I admitted and he sighed.

" your partnered with Jeremy, I'm sure you can do this" He told me and I nodded. We went back home and he got ready, while I grabbed my dress. Ric said that it was white, sparkly around the waist and the neckline, was strapless and it went down to my feet. When we got to the Community center, I went upstairs to get ready. I stood at the top of the stairs with Elena and Caroline. When it was my turn, I took a breath." Ms. Aislinn Gregory-Saltzman escorted by Mr. Jeremy Gilbert".

I walked down the steps counting in my head before I stopped, and took Jeremy's hand." thanks for doing this Jeremey, I know you were hoping to spend your time with Anna, instead of the town blind girl"

" Don't worry about it, I think I owed it to you, you know, with knocking you down all the time and spilling that drink on you" He told me and I smiled before we stopped." Now the tricky part" I sighed.

" Yep" I raised my hands and looked up at where his voice came from and followed the sound of his feet before he took my hands. We danced and I kept looking at that one spot." Your pretty good, for two left feet" he chuckled. We stopped and followed the other contestants before we allowed to do our own thing. Ric took my hand and I sighed" Is it time to go yet" I asked.

" yeah, let's go" We went to find the car and went home.

( This is a picture of the girl who plays Izzy)