Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I sat in the hospital, listening to the radio that Ric had managed to sneak in for me, since I couldn't watch the T.V.. I heard door open and frowned" who's there?"

I didn't hear a response and started to panic." Who's there" I yelled before I heard the door close. I curled into a ball and listened before a hand touched my cheek. I pulled away and looked over." Who are you?"

" There's no need to be afraid" a voice said and I frowned." What do you want" I asked and the bed sank as they sat down." You'll understand soon enough, but for now, know I'll be watching"

" Will you at least tell me your name" I asked and the voice chuckled" how about we compromise, I'll tell you my last name, if you tell me what you know about Stefan and Damon, you also can't tell anyone I was here"

" Ok..." I told him confused." My dad says that they are something supernatural but Stefan, as far as I know, is dating my adopted half-sister Elena. Damon kind of freaks me out and Stefan seems kind of brooding but they are really nice when you get to know them, though I get bad feeling when I'm around Damon."

" Thanks for the help, Aislinn" The person got up and I frowned" Wait, you said you would tell me your name"

" Mikaelson" he told me and I frowned but he was already gone, I sighed and laid back down. I felt something next to me and picked it up, what I found felt like a teddy bear. My eyes widened as I was pulled back to a memory from my childhood.

Flashback

" Happy birthday, princess" my dad told me and I squealed as he handed me a giant brown bear. I smiled" I love it, thank you daddy" I cried and he hugged me.

" I'm going to name you, Blueberry" I told the bear as if he could answer and hugged it like it was a life line.

Present

" Blueberry" I mumbled and hugged the bear, tears filling my eyes.

**********

When I was let out of the hospital a week later, Ric took me over to the Salvatore boarding house and I sat on the couch." Hi Izzy" I heard Stefan say and I smiled" hi Stefan"

" Alright...um..." Ric stuttered and let out a sigh before Damon asked what he was having trouble with." Ask anything"

" What are you?" I asked immediately and I heard Bonnie sigh" I'm a witch, Damon, Stefan and Caroline are vampires"

 " And Isabelle was a vampire?" I asked

" Yeah" Stefan answered and I frowned" just tell me what you can" I told them and I felt a hand take mine but I pulled away.

After they told me everything that had happened, I sighed" but why did the Gilbert device affect me, I'm human as far as I know"

" We're not exactly sure" Ric told me and I frowned" it affected Mayor Lockwood too" Elena pointed out

" I know, you said that" I mumbled glaring at where her voice had come from.

" Why do you do that? It seemed like we could be best friends and then I told you who my mom was and suddenly..."

" I grew up an only child Elena, I never really had any friends as a kid because I'm blind, people avoided me, I was treated like I was broken. I barely even remember my real family, much less if I had any friends. When I came here, it was a new experience and then, all in one day I'm told that my adopted step-mother had a daughter before I met her and that I'm friends with that daughter. I have a reason to not to like you, Elena" I snapped and everyone went silent.

" Well...I think we better go, Izzy" I heard Ric say and I got up.

********

" I hate parties" I mumbled helping Bonnie with a box. She laughed" it's not that bad."

I left her to talk to Elena and went to find someone to get me out of here, only to be caught by Jenna.

" Making an escape already?"

" Trying to" I told her and she laughed" Not really into parties are you?"

" Let's just say, that every time I go to party, something bad happens."

" Oh really, like what" She challenged

" Ric tried to throw me several birthday parties, one which included a pool, I fell in and almost drowned, another one which included us spending the day at the park, I almost got hit by a car." I told her with a sigh.

" Ok wow, but that couldn't have been-"

" My 14th birthday party, he took me to a petting zoo and the goat kicked me in the head, that was the last party I ever went to".

" I'm starting to see what you mean" She laughed and I let sigh before I heard her walk away.