Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I sat out on the couch drinking hot chocolate, while Jeremy and Bonnie sat going through a box of Christmas ornaments, Damon sat outside talking with Elena, and Shane stood messing around in the kitchen. " You okay Izzy, you've been really quite today?" Jeremy asked and I shrugged. " Guess that happens when you find out your own parents were crazy lunatics bent on using you for a power you never knew you had."

" How'd you find that out?" Bonnie asked

" Klaus finally fessed up" I sighed before taking a drink." Turns out that the night that they died, Klaus was only there to protect me but I did what any 4 year old witch would have done if they saw their mother murdered in front of them."

" Emotion is a powerful thing" Shane called out." It can overwhelm us to the point where it can it either break us, or empower us."

I rolled my eyes but I looked over at the sound of a electronic voice repeatedly saying" Receiving call from-" The voice then switched to that of a confused Klaus. " Why is this thing asking for my name?" I set my cup down as I felt through my purse for my headphones which were attached to my phone at all times. " Old people" I grumbled and Jeremy let out a laugh.

Aislinn, where are you?

I'm with Jeremy at the lake house, I told you that-

Well it's time for you to come home now Aislinn, the hunter isn't your concern. 

My concern is for Jeremy, I don't care about the cure Klaus, and you can't tell me what to do

There was a click in the background signaling he that had hung up before the screeching of tires sounded outside along with a door slamming shut. " You did it now" I heard Damon say just before pounding sounded on the front door." Aislinn" Klaus screamed and I let out a sigh before getting off the couch.

" Your seriously going to listen to a vampire?" Jeremy demanded grabbing my arm as I started toward the door. " Aislinn, you don't have to be afraid of him."

Anger flowed through me and with a cry, I grabbed his wrist, spun around and bent his wrist the wrong away causing him to let go of me. " I'm not afraid of anyone" I said pushing him away before I turned and stepped outside, where Klaus stood waiting for me.

A few minutes later, I sat with my head against the window while Klaus drove. " Klaus, I-"

" I've already killed 12 people tonight, don't make me add someone else" He snapped and I went quite. " Your staying with me from now on, because apparently I can't trust anyone in this town and I will not risk your safety."

I didn't argue with him, because I knew from his tone that he was one argument away from ripping someone's head off.

When we got back to his mansion, he led me to a room on the first floor. " If you need anything just ask" He told me and I nodded before he closed the door. Once he was gone and I located a place to sit down, pulled my knees up and buried my head in my knees as I began to quietly sob.

Third Person POV

A scream filled the mansion and Klaus threw open Aislinn's door to find her curled up on the floor in a ball, her eyes squeezed closed as she fought against an unreal force. " Aislinn" He cried running over to her but the moment he laid a finger on her, she let out a scream and began to punch and kick him. " Sweetheart wake up, your having a nightmare" he cried restraining her hands as he pulled her to his chest and after wrestling with her for a few more minutes, he managed to wake her up. " I....I'm sorry" She sobbed but he shhed her." It's aright, your safe" He said." It was just a dream."

Once she was calm, he carried her over to the bed a few feet away and pulled the blanket over her but as he turned to leave, she stopped him." No, please stay" She begged grabbing his hand and he sat next to her before she positioned her head on his chest.

When Klaus awoke the next morning, he carefully moved her off of him and pulled the blanket over her small form. " I'll keep you safe, Aislinn" He whispered running his thumb over her cheek." No one will ever hurt you while I'm around."