Chapter 15

Chapter 15

" Izzy" I heard Alaric say and I turned toward him." It isn't safe here for you, so I asked Stefan and Damon if you could stay with them for awhile."

" I'm not leaving you" I said stubbornly and he sighed before walking over and sitting next to me." just for a little while, but as soon as I'm not trying to kill the council, you can come back and stay here" he told me and taking my hand. I sighd before agrreing but before he could say anything more I stated." but I'm not staying with the Salvatores, I draw the line there"

" It's either them, or Elena"

" Why can't I just stay with the Mikealsons, Klaus promised he'd never hurt me, Rebekah is okay around me and Kol left town days ago, I'd be much safer there."

" Izzy-"

" Please, it's that or I'm not leaving, you know how stubborn I can be" I said cutting him off and he sighed.

An hour later, I sat on the couch in the living room of the Mikealson home, listening as Klaus talked with Alaric but as he left he called out." Your fault that she trusts you more then Damon and Stefan."

" For good reason" I mumbled once he was gone and Rebekah plopped down next to me." So, what are you doing" she asked as I rolled the clay between my hands." Making faces"

" I don't see how that is fun" she stated after a while and I laughed.

" Here you try" I said holding it out and she took, a moment later she handed it back with a huff." I can't do it"

" It takes patience"

" Then it looks like she'll never be able to do it" Klaus said before laughing as she chucked a pillow at him." It works better if you have a face to work with"

" But you can't see us, how would you know what we look like" She asked.

" I'll show you" she told her before reaching out and tracing her face causing her frown, as I closed my eyes." I see with my other senses, your voice, for example is how I can tell your still there, and you went a little over board with the rose perfume" I told her and heard Klaus snort as he tried to hold back a laugh.

" I can hear Klaus painting, the brush hitting the paper with each even stroke, being blind is not a curse, it's a gift. My sight may be gone, but it opened me to a new world."

" And if you could just see one day, like it had never happened?"

" Who knows" I smiled as I finished the clay face, causing her to gasp in shock." It's beautiful"

" That's another thing, I don't judge people on how they look, or what they wear, I make my decisions on their hearts, and how they treat the people around them" I told her and I heard Klaus stop, and put the paintbrush down before he left the room.

************

As I climbed out of the car, I started running, managing not to run into any trees but I stopped when Damon grabbed me." Let me go, Damon" I cried and I heard Alaric's voice." It's okay, let her through"

Damon let go and went toward Ric's voice, a moment later he hugged me and tears filled my eyes." You promised you'd never leave me"

" Your a big girl now Aislinn, you don't need me anymore"

" Yes I do, your my father."

" I know you don't, even if you think you do, you've never needed me. You want to know the reason I agreed to adopt you Aislinn" he asked tucking my hair behind my ear." It's because I saw the strong women you would become, even if I would always see the little girl sitting alone, or the one who swung that fishing pole at my head"

" Daddy" I cried and he hugged me whispering." It's okay, it's okay, you will never be alone Aislinn Diana Saltzman, now go be the girl who looked death in the eye, and live" He let go and I turned before I walked back the way I had come, tears trailing down my face. I stopped when I felt Jeremy, who had come back a few days ago, take my hand. I turned and he hugged me.

I went back to the Mikealson house and went upstairs, before going into the room Klaus had given me. I laid down on the bed and I broke down in tears, not being able to handle it anymore now that I was alone. Reaching down I pulled my necklace off and chucked it across the room with a cry, listening as it hit the wall and bounced off the floor. A moment later, I felt arms around me and I started to squirm and yell at Klaus to go away but after a few minutes I just cried.

" It's alright, I'm here, I'm here" Klaus told me as he held me.