Chapter 6

Chapter 6

" Alright, I'm going to meet the others at the boarding house" Ric told me and I nodded" See you went I get home tonight"

" Ok" I mumbled after the door closed. I sighed and went into my room, where I spent the day listening to music. Hours later, I heard the door open and I frowned getting up and going into the living room." Ric?" I called but there was no response.

" Hello?" I mumbled afraid. A felt a pinch the back of my neck before I passed out.

********

I opened my eyes and frowned, feeling around. A hand took mine and I gasped but sighed when I heard Elena say" It's ok, Izzy"

" Elena? Where are we?"

" I don't know" She sighed

" Tell me about the room" I told her

" Um....There's a window over there with boards blocking out the sunlight. There's a table full of old books and the floor is wooden, and rotted. There's also a doorway with a staircase leading to it on both sides of the room." She described and I nodded picturing it in my head.

" Anything else?" I asked

" Not worth mentioning"

" Elena please just tell me" I demanded and she sighed but someone answered for her" Old and creaky, how's that"

" Funny" I mumbled and Elena told me who they were and what she knew about why she was here, but before I could ask why I was here, a knock sounded from somewhere in the old house. " I heard somewhere that a blind person's other senses are-"

" heightened...yeah, well um...not by much"

" Can you hear them"

"I can but it's garbled. They're walking but that's all I can hear" I told her and she sighed. I heard her get up and sighed. A few minutes later, their footsteps got closer and I sat up. I heard them stop before Elena gasped, so I knew Rose had come back and he was with her." Human....it's impossible"

The floor creaked and I froze as a hand touched my face." And who are you?" he asked.

When I didn't answer he chuckled" It's alright"

" A...Aislinn" I mumbled fearfully" Aislinn Gregory-Saltzman"

He moved away from me and I sighed. They started talking and Trevor begged for forgiveness but a second later I heard a thud and my eyes widened. Rose cried out heartbrokenly and Elena tried to bargain. I heard something else hit the floor before there was a crash somewhere else. I was pulled to my feet and winced as I was dragged up a set of stairs. He let go of me and something whipped passed me.

" Excuse me, to whom it may concern, your making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me....you can't. You hear that? You can't" I heard a snap and jumped." You cannot beat me"

" So I want the girl, on the count of three, or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?" another snap and I felt arms wrap around me before I was pushed against the wall, just as Elena started talking to him. I heard a crash and a scream before several pops, and a thud. " Izzy...are you ok?" I heard Stefan ask.

" Can we go home now" I asked shaking before someone took my hand.

*******

I got out of the car and felt arms around me." It's ok, your ok, It's over" Ric told me and tears filled my eyes. He led me into our apartment and I went into my room." I'm here if you need me, alright"

" Ok" I told him before the door closed. The adrenaline wore off and I burst into tears. I hugged the bear, trying to go back to a place in my life where everything was sane, but it didn't work.

********

" You don't have to do this you know" Ric told me as we pulled into the parking lot." I can't put my life on hold, I have to be stronger then that" I sighed before he helped me out of the car and we went inside. He left me in the classroom and went to get something he left in the car. A moment later, I heard the door open and frowned.

" That was quick" I joked but it wasn't Ric who answered.

" You really should be more careful, especially living in a world of the supernatural" he told me and I froze." What do you want?" I asked and he chuckled.

" A moment of your time, also before you say anything, your adoptive father is currently busy trying to find his ring which I compelled him into thinking he has lost. Now, to business-" I held up a finger and he went silent. Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out my I-pod and turned on a random song." Clever" he chuckled.

" Now, what do you want" I asked placing it on the desk in front of me.

" How many supernatural beings are there in this town?" he asked

" Um....that I know of, There is one witch, a werewolf, I think, and three vampires, last time I checked"

" Interesting, and what are you?"

" Still trying to figure it out, but for now, I'm classified as 'Human'.  A few days ago, Elena's uncle/father, tried to get rid of the vampires in this town, he almost succeeded and ended up killing the mayor, who had not activated the gene" I started the next song before continuing" The device he used was meant to reveal all vampires nearby, I was in the back of Ric's car when it went off, waiting for him to take me home, when it caused my ears and nose to start bleeding and my head to feel like it was exploding, I passed out and woke up in the hospital." I explained with a shrug.

" Your blindness, if you don't mind, how was it caused?"

" My parents were killed in a fire, I was trapped upstairs, I got burned" I said and I heard him move closer." May I?" he asked and I frowned but nodded.

He traced his finger along the scars that lined my eyelids and I closed my eyes." Why did they not fix your sight?"

" It's permeant, the burns were just to severe, there was nothing they could do" he moved away from me and I sighed." Aislinn-" he was interrupted by the bell going off.

" Seems we will have to continue this, another time" He took my hand and kissed the back of it, before I heard the door close, signaling his exit.