Chapter 9

Chapter 9

When Klaus finally came back after three days, I was ready to strangle Katherine." Izzy" I heard Klaus call and I got up before going toward his voice." About time" I mumbled and I heard him sigh.

I felt sharp pain in my hand and I winced but before I could pull my hand back, someone grabbed my wrist." You want your cure, it's been right in front of you all this time"

" Izzy's blood is the cure..." Stefan mumbled." Her parents were something quite unique. One a werewolf, the other a witch but Aislinn is completely human. The curse does not exist in her DNA, not one drop of supernatural blood runs in her veins." Klaus explained and my eyes widened. He let go of me and I went back to my room. An hour later, I stood compelled and ready to leave." Don't look so down Aislinn, you'll be much safer with me then you would with anyone else"

" Says the hybrid, who just used me as a bargaining chip, and a blood bag " I snapped at him.

" At least it won't be a boring summer" He mumbled.

*********

Three Months Later.....

I woke up to the sound of someone screaming and sighed, rolling over with a huff before the car door opened." Have a nice nap, Aislinn"

I didn't respond and he sighed" Keeping quite does nothing you know" he mumbled.

For three months, I had not said a word to neither him, or Stefan. The car door opened and closed again before the car started up. I sighed before falling asleep again but woke up when I heard the car door slam shut. " Be back shortly Aislinn" Klaus told me as I sat up with a frown and I started tracing the pattern on my necklace.

Third Person POV

Alaric sat drinking a beer in the grill when Stefan sat next to him, making him frown but before he said anything Stefan cut him off." Stop looking for us, Izzy is safe"

" She's my daughter, I can't stop looking"

" No ,she's your adopted daughter and she's 18, plus Klaus is looking after her."

" Looking after her? Izzy isn't safe with him Stefan, for all you know he could be compelling her, drinking from her, using her"

" She hasn't said a word Alaric, the only thing happening to her right now is homesickness, and if you continue to look for her, I'll kill her myself and we both know that necklace of hers will protect her."

" You touch her and I'll-"

" You'll what?" he taunted and handed him a cellphone." This rings, you answer it and you'll get your answers, make it last though"

Izzy's POV

Hours later, the door opened again and Klaus pulled me out.

" Sit up front with me" was all he said and I let out a huff of annoyance but let him help me back into the car. He placed something to my ear and I took it, hearing the buzzing of a phone." You get one call, make it fast"

The person on the other end picked up and tears filled my eyes.

Hello?

Ric, it's me

Izzy, oh my god. Where are you? Are you okay?

I don't know, but I'm fine.

Has he hurt you?

No

He killed Jenna, Izzy

Before I could say anything else, the phone was snatched from my hand." Time's up" he told me and the car started up." What could you possibly gain from letting me talk to him?"

" Your trust" he said and I crossed my arms." And the pleasure of hearing your voice"

" You could have just compelled me" I mumbled leaning against the window ." Now where's the fun in that". I didn't say anything for awhile but he broke the silence" I know you have questions Aislinn, so ask away" he told me.

" Why did you kill my parents" I asked not wanting to waste the opportunity.

" They got in my way, I was looking for witches to help me and I stumbled upon your father, you had just turned 2."

Flashback  December, 07 1991(third person)

Izzy's father walked downstairs and sighed before looking over at his wife who sat staring at the fireplace, while Izzy sat drawing in the kitchen, a smile on her face. He sat down next to her and she smiled" full moon's here" she mumbled and he nodded" I'll take Aislinn out for pizza, maybe we'll catch a movie or something"

At the mention of pizza they heard a crash and the quick thudding of footsteps as she ran as fast her little legs would allow before Aislinn launched herself between them." beauty and the beast, and cheese please" she cried and the two adults started laughing but they went silent when the doorbell rang.  Her father got up and went to answer it but when he opened the door, his eyes widened and his wife appeared behind him with Aislinn." who is-" she stopped.

" hello" the man greeted and Aislinn hid behind her mother in fear." My name is Klaus"

" What do you want?" her mother asked and he frowned" Why don't you invite me in first" he suggested and a few minutes later, they all sat in the living room but Aislinn sat back at the table in the kitchen." now, I'm not here to harm you or your family, unless of course you make me angry"

" What do you want" her father asked nervously glancing over at Aislinn, who had suddenly taken interest in humming the theme song to Rugrats."  Your daughter, has she shown any signs of..." he trailed off and her mother shook her head." no, I hope that she takes from her father's side and doesn't gain the werewolf gene, but for now she just acts like a normal little girl."

" how old is she?"

" she's 2 but very smart, Aislinn sweetheart" Her mother called and she looked up" why don't you go get ready, daddy will be upstairs in a little while"  

" ok" she smiled and disappeared upstairs.

" Does she know?" Klaus asked and her father shook his head" We planned on telling her when she is old enough to understand."

" Now, to why I'm here." Klaus explained ,that he was looking for a way to break his curse and he needed the help of witches to do it, before offering him a place among them." I can't do that. Aislinn needs both of us"

" I could always compel her, make her think that your simply away or were never there in the first place"

" She's only 2, I don't want her involved until she is ready" Aislinn's mother glanced outside and she frowned before calling out" Aislinn, time to go, you don't want to be late for the movie do you"

Footsteps were heard and Klaus looked over as Aislinn appeared holding a giant teddy bear with a giant blue bow around it's neck." Can blueberry come, he likes pizza too"

Klaus chuckled at the name and she covered face with it." Why don't you leave him here and we'll bring him back some" her father suggested and she shook her head stubbornly." He doesn't want to be alone". Klaus frowned watching the small child.

" Aislinn, you don't want to get him dirty when you just got him do you?" her mother asked and Aislinn shook her head before setting him on the table in the kitchen. She picked up the picture and walked over to Klaus who took it.

Flashback end

The car stopped and I frowned as they got out." be back soon, Aislinn" Klaus called and I sighed as he locked the doors.