chapter 14

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

I sit down in the empty hallways, against the lockers looking down at a Lycanthropy book.

If I'm gonna help my brother, then I need to do some research.

I want to help him during the full moon, I want him safe.

I bite on my pen, my eyes scanning the pages.

"What are you reading?" I jump, looking up, it had been completely silent until Jackson Whittemore was standing over me, he then slides down next to me on left.

"Just stuff for a history project." I lie, slowly closing the book, and placing it in my lap.

God, what did he want?

I sucked in some air, then released it.

"Did you have a free period, or..." I made awkward eye contact with Jackson.

We've never actually had a conversation before.

"No, I just don't like sitting through English," I let out a tiny laugh, understandable.

"Understandable." I nod.

It then turned into a awkward silence.

"Did... did you want something?" I ask slowly, looking at Jackson.

"Actually, yeah."

"I wanted to talk."

"I realized I've been a jerk to you. And especially Scott."

"And I wanted to say I'm sorry,"

Did Jackson Whittmore just apologize to me? What type of dream is this.

"I'm serious." Jackson continued.

"Okay, I... I believe you're being serious, but I'm not sure I believe you're being sincere." I told him honestly,

I mean, it's Jackson.

I then open my book up again and started to read.

"Do you know what it's like to be the best player on the team?"

"Hmm?" I pressed my lips together.

"To be the star? To have every single person at the game chanting your name? And then... some kid... some kid just comes along, and then everyone starts looking at him instead of you."

"Do you know what that feels like?" I turn to Jackson.

"No, I don't."

"Well, it feels like something's been... it feels like when something's been stolen from you."

"And then you start to feel like you'd do anything... anything in the world to get it back."

I then smile at Jackson.

"Haven't you ever learned that's there's no I in team?" I ask.