chapter 28

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

"I said I was okay, just stop asking me!" I snapped as Scott and Stiles continued to ask me if I was 'okay' and if I 'had any pain'.

Scott sighed, "We're just worried about you, Sky." 

"I understand, now back off." Scott and Stiles nodded before I spoke again.

"So, What did I miss?" I asked as I closed my locker.

Stiles gave Scott a look before answering, "I have to go to the repair shop becuase stupid Erica pulled some part out." Stiles rolls his eyes as he remembers the scene.

I nodded, "Okay then- let's go."

My brother then gave me a sympathetic look before walking off, leaving me to follow after Stiles as he led the way his jeep.

I was standing next to Stiles at the repairman shop, as the repairman had been repairing Stiles' Jeep, working on it.  

"Hey, hey!" Stiles called. "What- what do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter."

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced too." The man said.

The whirring from the machine plays.  

"Why do I get the feeling your slightly overestimating the damage?" Stiles asked.  

"Probably gonna run you around, like, 1,200, parts and labor." My eyes widen.

Whoa.

"Are you kidding?" Stiles groaned. "This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter. And, yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."  

"You know what a limited slip differential is?"

"No." Stiles sighed.  

"Yeah, could run you more like 1,500." He said.

Stiles sighed again.

"Okay, just finish." He then turned around, and grabbed my hands.

"I'll be back here- seething with impotent rage. Oh, nice, real quality establishment you're running here." 

Stiles opened the door and we walked inside.

My eyes traveled up from the mechanic to the jeep itself and there were claws on his Jeep, my eyes widen.

Stiles was mumbling and making noises, which caused me to turn around and look at him.

He had his hands out in front of him- and his cell phone slipped out of his hands.

His eyes were locked on something happening in the mechanic's garage, and I had a feeling he saw the same thing I did.

"What's wrong? What's happening?" I asked him quickly as I stood up and grabbed a hold of his arms. 

He was blinked rapidly as he tried to talk,

"I-I can't.." his words weren't coming out and he was falling limp in my hold, what is happening to him?

A screech then echoed in the garage and my eyes widened, oh no. 

I gently laid Stiles down on the ground and turned back to look through the glass to see the mechanic now laying on the ground with the jeep and the lift it was on was slowly descending down.

I reached for the door but before I could grab it Stiles made another noise, I took that as I warning to not grab it.

As I turned back around to face him he was trying to reach for his phone again, and I quickly grabbed it before dialing 911. 

The mechanic was laying completely still as the lift continued to move down, and I didn't know how to help him without touching the door.

I quickly set the phone on the ground by Stiles head and looked at the door handle to see slimy slightly opaque goo.

"Stiles, what-" before I could finish something jumped in front of the door, it was green and had yellow eyes.

I let out a scream as I fell backwards to the floor, landing right beside Stiles.

The creature hissed loudly before it jumped up into the air and disappeared, leaving the scene.

"911, what's your emergency?"  A female voice rang from the other end of Stiles' cell phone, filling the silence.

"I told you a million times- we just, we walked in and we saw the Jeep on top of the guy, that's all," I look over to Stiles who was rubbing his hand alot.

"What's wrong with your hands?" Sheriff asked Stiles.  

"Nothing. Can we just get out here now? I promised Scott that I would drop her home, so..." Stiles trailed off.

"Look, if there's something you guys don't think you can tell me-"  

"You think we're lying?" Stiles asked.  

"No, of course not." Sheriff firmly said.

"I'm just worried about you. Both of you. Now, if either of you saw something do this, and if you're afaird that maybe they're gonna come back and make you neither of you say anything about it-"  

"We didn't see anything." Stiles repeated. Stiles shakes his head, I noticed it was raining now.

"At all. Can we go now, please?" Stiles grabbed my hand and the Sheriff nodded his head.  

"Sure. But not your Jeep." Stiles looked at his father like he was insane.

"We're gonna have to impound it." His eyes widen.

"Sorry kid, evidence. See you at home."  

"At least make sure you wash it." Stiles groaned as his father walks away, and I shuffled closer to Stiles.  

✢ 

Stiles and I walk over to Scott who had picked us up, I opened the back door and slide into the car, and Stiles slides into the front.  

"You two okay?" Stiles and I sighed.

Stiles nodded, "Yeah... you were right... it's not like you, it's eyes were almost reptilian." 

That sent shivers down my spine.

"But there was something about 'em."  

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.  

"You know when you, like, see a friend and Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes, and you feel like you know them, but you just can't figure out who it is?" Stiles asked.  

Scott turned around in his seat, "Are you saying you know who it is?" 

"No. I think it knew who we were," Stiles said quietly.