chapter 16

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

The tension had been built between the six of us.

Well, it's always been there, it's just stronger.

"Call the cops." Jackson quickly concluded.

"No." Stiles disagree.

"What do you mean no?" Jackson asked, glaring at Stiles.

"I mean no, do you want to hear it in Spanish? Noh." Stiles replied sarcastically, now he's really stressed out.

"Look, Derek killed three people, okay? We don't know what he's armed with."

Really, Stiles? You're going with this lie?

"Your dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department." Jackson spat at Stiles.

I understand why Stiles didn't want to call his dad, he didn't want to lose his dad like he did with his mother.

"Call him."

"I'm calling." Lydia said, getting out her phone and dialing 911.

"No, Lydia, would you just hold a second..." Stiles didn't bother, she was already on the phone.

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills Highschool. We're trapped, and we need you to... but..." Lydia dropped the phone, starring at it in disbelief and turned around to us.

"She hung up on me."

"The police hang up on you?" Allison asked in disbelief.

"She said she got a tip warning them that there was going to be prank calls about a break-in at the high school."

What the hell?

"She said if I called again that they're gonna trace it and have me arrested."

"Okay, then call again."

"No, they won't trace your cell." I pointed out.

"They'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here." Stiles added.

"What the... what... what is this?" Allison asked, confused.

"Why does Derek ant to kill us? Why is he killing anyone?" Everyone looked at Scott, and I felt bad for him.

Scott was just as clueless as we were.

"Why's everyone looking at me?"

"Is he the one that sent the text?"

"No!" Scott said quickly, I don't even know who's lying anymore.

"I mean, I don't know."

"Is he the one that called the police?"

"I don't know!" Scott snapped at Allison, she got upset over that.

"All right. Why don't we ease back on the throttle, yeah?" Stiles asked us. Stiles pushed Scott back, and he held my hand tightly as I followed behind.

"Guys, good job on throwing Derek under the bus like that, he's gonna kill us now." I hissed at them, and they both looked at me before they looked at each other.

"Skylar, Derek's dead." Stiles whispered to me. My eyes widen at the news, why didn't anyone tell me this before?

"W- what do you mean?" I stammered.

"He was thrown into the wall by the Alpha." Scott added.

"And guys, I didn't know what to say, I had to say something. And if he's dead then it doesn't matter, right? Except if he's not." Scott sighed.