Hard Truths (Part 1)

"Are you pro-choice or pro-life?" Virtue asked. It was another day that they were on the phone after work. They were in their beds, comfortable as they can be staring at the screen.

"I am most certainly pro-choice." She wasn't expecting that answer but she was surprised nonetheless. "I'm pro-choice because everything in life is a choice. Its our choice to do a morning ritual, it's our choice to eat healthy and do daily walks. It's also our choice to not wear a condom and it's also our choice to have sex unprotected. It's always a choice and a decision to terminate a pregnancy or not. No man should be involved in that because we don't go through the physical, emotional, and mental changes of pregnancy."

She absolutely loved his answer. His answer was specific, thorough, and detailed. Now she wants to know his take on pro-life.

"Why not pro-life?" Was her next question.

"I'm not necessarily pro-life because people see this dramatic way of killing someone, specifically a baby. They see the people who are against what they believe in as murderers when there are murderers all around us and have done worse things. They try to implement God and use moral tactics to keep a baby alive but yet and still, they don't know what the woman might've gone through. In college I was pro-life at first because I felt that everyone human should be given a chance at life until a girl I knew miscarried." He took a breath before continuing.

"The doctors told her that her baby wasn't doing well and she should remain healthy and she wanted an abortion because she was sick as well and weren't in good condition. She had to go through a painful miscarriage and she had a heart attack. She then went into cardiac arrest. Her choice was to get an abortion to save herself of the troubles that she had to endure because her baby wasn't going to make it past 20 weeks. That girl is dead now. If it were her choice, she'd probably still be alive."

Virtue was at a loss for words. The story was so real and believe it or not a lot of women can relate. Its not that they get abortions because they know they can but because they go through health disparities and health risks and their lives are on the line.

"Wow." Is all she says. She really wasn't expecting that but she was well intrigued.

Exodus sees the expression on her face and chuckles. "You wasn't expecting that?" She shakes her head. "Why is that?" He asked her, with genuine curiosity.

"Because some men just don't care or that they have a negative connotation to it. Depending on the type of man you are, you either don't care about the woman and the baby or you just don't care about the baby period. And then on the other side, you have the men that sees the women as murderers and attempt to deem her to hell because she decides to get an abortion." To the last of her statement came true events when she was in a group home and one of the girls got pregnant by an older guy and she had an abortion and he told her that her soul would reside in hell with the rest of the 'baby killers and murderers.'

"As a member of the male species, men shouldn't speak or should have an opinion on certain things." Virtue nods her head happily.

"Agree. Okay next question," She clears her throat. "Fascinating creature that you've seen?"

Exodus smiles looking at her and she smiles back and he caught her smiling by taking a FaceTime photo of her. "Easy. You are." He winked at her and she blushes.

"Okaaaay. Next question. A food you can live without? Pertaining to vegetables by the way." She looked at him and he didn't even think because he knew what it was.