Read Every Paige.

Today was a big day for Exodus and Virtue. They were getting ready to have a double date with his parents. This was a private date so it was just going to be the four of them. Virtue who haven't spoken a word in over an hour was just as nervous as she can be.

She was getting dressed and doing her hair all at the same time and Exodus was already dressed looking at her fight with herself.

"Pretty girl, you have nothing to worry about. My parents love you, my brothers love you, my family loves you." He assured her and she still didn't say anything.

She unwrapped her silk press that she recently gotten done and Exodus was surprised at how lengthy her hair was. He was so used to her wash and go's and twist outs and stuff but seeing it like this was just amazing. Shrinkage surely fools everyone.

She parted it to the side and then she sprayed her perfume. She wore a baby pink mock neck dress that stopped right above her knees. It was fitting but not too tight and it looked damn good on her. She paired it with her light pink Steve Madden heels that was self tie but it matched perfectly. Of course Exodus had to match her fly with a dusty pink collared button down, grey tapered slacks and his black Dior dress shoes. He felt that he needed an accessory so of course he paired it with his gold watch.

She glossed her lips and then she walked out of the bathroom making sure to turn the light off. She barely left the bathroom before he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back into the bathroom.

Finally speaking, she says, "Do your parents really like me or is it because they're just nice people and like me because you love me?" It came out fast and it came out hard like her anxiety was showing its ugly face.

They became in sync as his closed off anxiety was now creeping up on him. "You having second thoughts about us?"

Wordlessly she shook her head but Exodus didn't see that as enough. He tilted her head up awaiting her response. "No I'm not but-"

"But what?" He cuts her off.

"What makes me different? What makes me different from her? She had issues, she had loved you, she had been in my position before. People can vouch for! No one can vouch for me because they barely even know me!" Her anxiety was spilling its guts out.

"That's the point of this dinner Virtue. My parents want to get to know you. What's so bad about that and are you referring to Zola?" He frowned his face up immediately.

"Yes!" She exclaimed walking out of the bathroom.

He followed her out of the bathroom and into the living room. He whipped out his phone and called his parents and told them that Virtue isn't feeling well. It was his parents date night anyway so they just went with the flow and decided to join in one another's company.

Virtue was upset but a little relieved because true indeed she wasn't feeling well mentally but she still felt bad that they weren't going to go.

Once he got off the phone with his parents, he tossed his phone on the couch and looked at her. "Where does Zola tie in with all of this? With us?"

Virtue lip trembles as she tried to fight the urge to cry. She truly doesn't know but her anxiety was jumping out.

"Why are you worried about her? She's a liar and a cheater and fucking master manipulator! You're upset that she met my parents and my parents loved her or are you mad that she aborted and miscarried both of my kids-each time?" He blurts out and Virtue quickly became appalled.