The Proposal.

"I don't know why you're upset Tarryn. I told you I'm not cheating." He told her. Tarryn rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest and looked out the window.

She decided to close her air vent because she was getting hot. Being that it's in the middle of November, the DC nights were most definitely getting colder. She didn't want to look at him despite the emotions she feel. She felt as though her boyfriend is lying.

"If you're not cheating then why the hell are you sneaking?" She questioned him. She awaited his answer and his response was silence. Pure silence. But his silence made her a little insecure.

"Who is she?" She forged a question again. This time she sat up in her seat and laid eyes on him. He kept his eyes on the road as he tried to hide his nervousness. He knew that Tarryn was crazy.

"I'm not cheating Tarryn." He said coolly. Making a left turn he was headed toward The Hill.

"Then why are you sneaking then?" He stopped at a red light and looked over at her. His lids were low and his eyes were glossy. He just wanted to propose to her already before she goes batshit crazy on him.

"I'm not sneaking babe." He reverted his eyes back to the road now that the light changed back to green.

"Why are you on the phone late at night? Because it's sure as hell ain't me Ephraim." She said aggressively.

Shit, now she's mad Ephraim thought.

"Baby it's nobody important." She continues to stare at him, waiting for him to crack. He hasn't cracked yet.

"Must be, because the person on the other end calls you every night. And I know this has nothing to do with you being Senator." She said while pointing a finger. She took off her seatbelt, preparing herself to slap the shit of him.

"T, chill." He said. Silence fell over the entire car as the mood became heavy and it was all because of Tarryn. He looked back over at her briefly and seen that she has tears in her eyes.

Fuck E! Now you made her cry Ephraim thought as he grabbed her hand and she quickly snatched it away.

Stopping at another red light he decided to give his full attention to Tarryn who was now silently looking back out the window.

"Babe, I swear..." Stopping mid sentence with her hand raised gave the indication to Ephraim that she wanted to speak.

"Is she White?" She quietly asks.

"No." He said quickly.

"Ha! So there is a woman!" Tarry exclaimed. Hearing her heart break into pieces, made her cry.

Finally arriving at Capitol Hill, he decided to pull over before he headed for the garage. He parked the car and he turned the car off which made Tarryn put her trench coat back on. She hated being cold, under any circumstances.

"Yes Tarryn, there's a woman and that woman is—" He was cut off mid sentence by Tarryn's fist connecting with his jaw. In shock that she actually hit him...in the face.

"How could you Ephraim?! After all I've done for you?! After all we've been through?" Fully riled up, she jumped out of the car, slammed his door, dropped her purse and took off her Christian's.