The Planning

6 MONTHS LATER:

"I still can't believe that you're getting married Tarryn!" Tarryn's best friend, Virtue exclaimed. A smile etched onto her face as she admired her ring for the fourth time today.

They were currently at a bridal boutique and she was looking for a wedding dress, and so far she hasn't found anything she liked thus far.

"I can't either but it's really happening. I'm marrying Ephraim," Tarryn continues to smile as she scans the dresses in front of her.

"Have you picked a time frame?" Virtue asked as she tapped her shoulder, showing her a mermaid bridal dress that had a sweetheart neckline.

She looked at it and frowned. Virtue knew she didn't like it. "We were thinking about having the wedding in December. Though he proposed to me in November, he liked my idea of having a winter wedding." She said as she picked up a dress that she sort of liked. She gave it to Virtue to hold as she continued to scan.

"Aw!" Virtue cooed.

"But I can't have a perfect winter wedding if I don't have the perfect dress!" She exclaimed. Virtue giggled at her response.

"Tarryn you can wear a clown suit down the aisle and this man wouldn't care," She laughed at Virtue's response as she turns her body to her.

"V, I want a dress. The perfect dress. I want his ass to cry when he lays eyes on this fine ass chocolate woman that he will soon calls his wife. That's going to be me. Me in a dress," She said. Virtue playfully rolled her eyes and picked up a dress that was sitting by itself on a rack and held it up so Tarryn can see.

She gasped and pointed to it. "He will most definitely cry when he sees me in this! Yes God!" They both laugh excitedly while Tarryn rushed to the dressing room to try the dress on.

When she returned from the dressing room with the dress on, all while Virtue was witnessing; she looked beautiful. It was a slim fit, straight down type of dress with ruffles at the bottom. It had sheer long sleeves and it was white and it fit her well. It had all the bedazzle that she wanted and it was perfect. This was it. That dress was hers.

"This is it! This is the dress," she started off. She admired the off white dress as she spun around in a circle. "Though mermaid dresses aren't exactly my style, this dress pulled me in," She said while touching the beautiful neckline. The dress was perfect.

Hell, it better be because they drove from DC to Northern Virginia to get it. The dress better make Ephraim's knees buckle.

She went back into the dressing room and retrieved her phone and began taking pictures in front of the mirror in front of her.

"I know you ain't gonna send those pictures to Ephraim?" Virtue asked more so in a statement. Tarryn waved Virtue off and smiled.

"Nah, I'm sending these to Ma so she can see the dress that I picked out," She sent the pictures she's taken to her mother and waited for her response.

After a few minutes her phone dinged.

"Ma loves the dress!" She said gleefully. Tarryn's mother meant everything to her. Hell, Mama Carryn meant the world to everyone. She was a mother to everyone. She is a woman like no other, has no spirit like no other and has no love like no other. Virtue loved her like her own mother.