New Beginnings

It was now the weekend and Exodus woke up all of his nieces and nephews to get themselves prepared for the day. He got them fed, dressed, prayed over and buckled into his car. Elias dropped off Mercury's car seat in wee hours of the morning and left. Elle'Joi was in the front seat while Caleb, Egypt, Crew and Mercury were in the back. Mercury was in the middle while Egypt and Caleb were buckled in a seat belt together and Crew was in a seat by himself. Exodus just prayed that he didn't get pulled over.

With his nieces and nephews in tow, he drove to the Chestnut Hill area and found a place to park. He had made an appointment to view a couple houses and right now he was in the first one. He released the kids and carefully got Mercury out of the car. He locked the car and squatted down in front of Egypt who was quiet all morning.

"Hey GeGe do you mind doing Uncle a favor and holding his cellphone?" He asked calling him by his nickname that he gave him. Egypt nodded yes but Exodus shook his head. "Use your voice, big boy." He encouraged.

"Yes sir." He said softly as he handed him his cellphone.

"If my phone rings or dings you tell Uncle okay?" He coached.

"Yes sir." He nodded.

"Okay now give me love." He extended his free arm and Egypt effortlessly plopped into Exodus' arms. He remained in his arms for a few seconds until he pulled away and tucked his Uncle's phone in his pocket safely.

Hand in hand, Exodus and the kids walked into the open house and they were met by an housing agent. They all greeted the woman who was standing by the door and immediately Exodus and the kids started looking.

So far it was nice. It was four bedrooms, five bathrooms, 2,300 square feet and had a finished basement. Exodus didn't like the small kitchen, the small living room or the small finished basement. All of the space went into the rooms and the bathrooms because those compartments are the most spacious.

The agent was trying to sell him the house but it wasn't working. He just wasn't sold and the agent knew it. "Mr. Paige what is it about the house that you don't like?" She asked curiously.

"The small kitchen, living room, and basement but I do like that the basement is finished." He easily listed off. Though he didn't like those parts of the house, the house was a bit small in its own right.

"Do you have a targeted price range?" She asked.

"Between 350K to 600K." Though his price range was a bit broad but its Philadelphia. You have to have a broad range because Philadelphia is pretty historic and the houses and apartments there are old but just refurbished and new-faced. He felt like his price range was good enough.

The agent nodded and then he thanked her and gathered the kids out of the house and then piled them back into the car. The next house he scheduled was a bit far because it was near the Germantown area. A bit farther than he would like but he would just like to see it.

He drove the distance near the Germantown area and then he helped the kids out. He eyed each and one of his nieces and nephews and they all had somber looks on their faces. He squatted down and motioned for them to come closer and they did.

"How about after this house we can do lunch and then we can go to....Trampoline Park!" He said animatedly and their somber faces turned into excitement as they jumped up and down. Even Egypt.