The Moment (Part 1)

Exodus breathed deeply as his brothers watched him pack his suitcase for the Potomac house. Two weeks had past and now everything was set in motion. Admittedly, he was tired from all of the ripping and running that he did for the past two weeks, but he knows that it's worth it. Reservations here and bookings there. Now that everything was set in place, he couldn't help his nerves.

Eden picked up on it first. "What are you afraid of? It's just Virtue," He shrugged as he packed some more undergarments.

"And besides, you already know her answer. She basically told you yes without you even showing her the ring," Elias said.

"What if she has an epiphany or something and say no?" Exodus anxiety-filled thoughts were running wild.

"She already said yes in her actions, Exodus. Camilla said yes before I even proposed to her too. How I know? Her actions told me before she could ever utter the words," Elias said, using his now separated wife as an example. It lowkey saddens his heart that they were going through this but it wasn't about him right now.

"You love this girl. You genuinely love this girl so there's nothing to be afraid about," Eden said with a smile. He genuinely loved Virtue for his older brother because they pair well and because when he talks about her or mention her, its a genuine happiness.

"Plus you smile with her," Elias added.

Exodus smacked his teeth. "I smile with everyone."

"And that may be true but the smile reaches your eyes. Like Mama said, if they smile and it doesn't reach their eyes, its not genuine. Your eyes smile when you smile. What you and her have is real, don't question it." Elias encouraged.

Listening to his brothers talk alleviated some anxiety that he felt. He wasn't nervous to marry Virtue, but for some reason he was nervous of her reaction.

"I wouldn't be an older brother if I didn't ask this though. Marriage is a big step, y'all been talking about this?" He asked Exodus as he zipped up his suitcase.

"We've been talking about marriage in stages throughout our relationship. We've been talking seriously about marriage around the 3rd month. Kids have been talked about, living situations have been accounted for, and pairing finances have been written down. She knows how much I make and I know how much she makes. I know how many kids she want and she knows how many kids I want. Christianity is the base of our relationship and it will be the foundation of our home; of our lives together. Aside from loving her, I genuinely like her as a person. She's selfless, she's caring, and nurturing in her own right," Exodus pauses, taking a seat on the bed along with his brothers.

"I may not know every single thing about her, but I know majority of what I need to know. Like I said, I may not know every deep crevice but I know who I'm involving myself with, this time." Exodus takes a breath, realizing that this is really real and this is happening.

"You don't truly know a person until you marry them, and besides, because you're married you have the rest of your life to get to know one another," Eden said, patting his back.

"Very true, baby brother," Elias gave Eden credit. "How long y'all been together again?" Elias asks to be sure.

"7 almost 8 months now," Exodus spoke carefully.