Et Tu, Doctor? [2]

Maya walked into Dr. Linda's office "Lucifer,"

"Ah! Speak of the me," Lucifer teased.

Maya rolled her eyes "Out here. Now,"

Once in the hallway, Lucifer noticed Chloe

"What did you do?" Chloe demanded.

"Not what, but who, if you must know," Lucifer laughed. "But I try not to kiss and tell." He smiled at Maya, who only crossed her arms in distaste.

"I told you I didn't want to go with Dr. Martin. We need someone impartial, which means not trying to get in your pants. What...? Are you even listening to me?"

"Not really. Look," Lucifer noticed the new plaque on the door "Dr. Canaan. How biblical,"

"Sure, let's add another random doctor to the case. Great idea,"

"Now, look, I assure you, Dr. Martin is excellent. She trained at Stanford, she lectures at USC, she's got stacks of awards..."

"Since when are you her fanboy?"

"Since I became a client," Lucifer admitted.

Maya raised an eyebrow "You. You're really in therapy?"

"Why is that so surprising?"

"You're the least reflective person I know,"

"I have layers. I'm like an onion." Lucifer smirked at Maya "An irresistible one,"

Maya looked away as she felt her cheeks heat up.

"Dr. Lina said we recently made a breakthrough, in fact,"

"Why do I think that's code for sex?" Chloe asked.

"In that particular context, no,"

"Do you still think you're the Devil?"

"I am the Devil,"

"Then excuse me if I doubt her skills,"

"Look, she's helped me, all right? And I think she can be of help here,"

"Uh-huh, I'm sure,"

"Excuse me," Dr. Linda interrupted. "Everything okay?"

"Yes, Linda, everything's absolutely fine..." Lucifer argued

"No offense, Dr. Martin..." Chloe said.

"I found something," Dr. Linda said.

"Hello," Lucifer said intrigued.

"What is it?" Maya asked.

"A patient named Richard Kester." Dr. Linda explained. "His wife convinced him to try Dr. Shaw's therapy,"

"Let me guess...didn't end well?"

"She had an affair. They got divorced. And then Richard sent Dr. Shaw a death threat. It's been more than a year, but that kind of anger can bubble up when you least expect it,"

"Add him to the list of angry patients," Maya muttered.

"That's just it. Richard's the only one so far. Dr. Shaw's patients seem remarkably happy with him,"

"Oh, do they now?" Lucifer asked. "See, cheater therapy works. Maybe you should've tried it with Detective Douche."

"Lucifer..." Maya warned.

"Or was that what broke you apart?"

Maya shook her head as Chloe stalked off.

"What did I say?" Lucifer asked Maya.

Maya moved around the corner to make sure that Chloe had left before turning towards Lucifer "You know if you think that cheater therapy works. Then maybe I should try it out with Maze, she seems like fun," Maya snapped.

"Well, there's an idea," Lucifer smirked.

"You are insufferable," Maya glowered.

"That's not what you said the other night,"

Maya rolled her eyes and went after her partner.

***

Maya remained unspoken as she drove Lucifer around in her cruiser.

"I don't understand all this jealousy talk," Lucifer admitted.

Maya laughed "I never said I was jealous. I have no reason to be jealous, we're not even..." She huffed "Nevermind," Maya was grateful when her phone rang "Smith,"

"Uh, hello, Detective." Dr. Linda greeted. "It's about Richard. I wanted to warn you. He may be unstable. Possibly dangerous,"

"I'll handle it, but thanks,"

"I don't mean to you. I mean to himself,"

"Uh...Winchester," Lucifer said as he looked through the window of the car up at the roof of a building.

Maya stopped the car and looked and saw Richard standing on the ledge "Yeah, you may be right. Lucifer?" she looked next to her only to see that Lucifer had disappeared. "Son of a bitch,"