A Priest Walks into a Bar [4]

Father Frank looked over the traffic cam footage of Connor driving the van that had shot at them earlier. "This doesn't prove Connor's The Spider,"

"It's pretty damning, FAther," Maya reasoned. "And it's enough for the APB that just went out. "Connor's been declared armed and dangerous,"

"Armed and dangerous? The boy needs to be helped, convinced to turn himself in,"

"Father, he shot at you. He fired into a room full of kids,"

"Yes, but he shot up, didn't he?"

"We'll do everything we can to bring him in peacefully,"

Lucifer walked over and offered the Father a drink.

"If you'll excuse me, I...need some air," The Father declined.

"I have to help Chloe with some digging." Maya told Lucifer "Will you watch over him until I get back?"

"What...You want me to babysit the priest?" Lucifer argued.

"I babysit you all the time," Maya shrugged as she left.

***

Maya was heading towards the elevator to head up to Lucifer's suite when she bumped into him. "Hey. Did you leave Father Frank upstairs?"

"No, he took a call." Lucifer explained "I presumed he came down here,"

"Why would he do that?"

Lucifer and Maya shared a look.

"Oh, balls," Maya muttered as they hurried over to where Maze was working the bar.

"Maze, the priest, have you seen him?" Lucifer asked.

"So you're talking to me now?" Maze said.

Maya grabbed Maze and turned her roughly so she was facing her "Have you seen him?!"

"He was down here on his phone. Heard him talking to someone named Connor. He left to go meet him,"

"He left? Where to?"

Maze merely glared at Maya.

Maya huffed and released the demon turning towards lucifer "Maybe he's trying to convince Connor to turn himself in,"

"No. He's probably trying to hide the little miscreant," Lucifer said. "Put his faith in God, not the police,'

"Why do you care about a priest?" Maze wondered.

"I don't," Lucifer argued.

"Where would he hide him?" Maya questioned.

"Somewhere he considers safe, I assume,"

"Sanctuary," Maya realized.

***

Maya hurried towards the church and looked through the glass-windowed doors to see Connor holding a gun at Father Frank.

"You don't want to do this." Father Frank told Connor. "I know you. This isn't you,"

"Sorry," Connor apologized "I don't have a choice, okay? I have to do this,"

"I get it,"

Maya felt Lucifer behind her and held up her hand to stop him.

"You don't think you can rely on anyone else to survive..." Father Frank continued "but you're not alone. I'm here for you, whenever you need me,"

"I don't need you! Okay? I don't need anybody!"

"Go on, then," Lucifer whispered to Maya "shoot the altar boy,"