St. Lucifer [2]

"I'm in between gigs." The man said at the pawnshop "I'm no thief, I'm an actor, Louie Delgado. I had an arc on Party of Five, look me up,"

"I love LA Even the homeless have an IMDb page," Lucifer said.

"You care to explain why you were caught pawning Tim Dunlear's championship ring?" Maya questioned.

"Listen, more importantly, why did you take it to a pawnshop? The Dark Web has much better margins,"

"I swear I didn't do nothing," Louie argued.

"Witnesses put you at the scene," Maya pointed out. "You're telling me this wasn't a robbery gone wrong?"

"He was already dead, been like that for a bit. Rigor mortis had set in. I also did a guest spot on CSI. Tim was my buddy, one of the few people who treated me like a human being,"

"Would your buddy have approved of you stealing valuables from his cold dead corpse?" Lucifer wondered.

"Tim didn't care about stuff. Would have wanted me to have that ring. Give you the shirt off his back,"

"What about his wallet?" Maya asked as she held up the evidence bag containing the said item.

"Uh, I was gonna return that,"

Maya pulled out a key card "Some kind of key card,"

"I have an alibi. I was at a shelter on 7th,"

"Uh-huh." Maya said "Keep an eye on Louie," she told Lucifer. "I'm gonna see if his story checks out,"

Chloe walked into the store and saw Lucifer talking with Louie "What's he doing?"

"I told him to keep an eye on Louie while I corroborated his alibi," Maya said.

"So watching includes himself getting naked?"

Maya turned around and bit her lip in amusement as Lucifer stood in all his glory.

"Another act of selfless benevolence," Lucifer said "It's quite liberating, actually. Oh, don't forget." he turned back to Louie "Dry-clean only,"

"His story checks out," Maya spoke up. "We need to get a full written statement. And get our guys some lunch, okay?"

"No-no gluten or-or dairy, okay?" Louie told the officer.

"Another good deed." Lucifer said "but still no rush like before. Am I doing this wrong?"

"In so many ways," Chloe said as she walked off.

"Oh?" Lucifer looked at Maya.

"Your place or mine?" Maya asked.

"Round 2 already?" Lucifer mused.

"You're the one who keeps saying they want to feel a rush," Maya reminded.

***

"So, who do we suspect of this grisly murder?" Lucifer wondered.

"Maybe Mr. Dunlear wasn't as saintly as he appeared," Maya reasoned. "Who knows who or what he was involved with? He wasn't always such a good man. It's hard to shake your true nature,"

"Well, not really. Look at me,"

"And look at me, a Winchester going back to her old ways, with some changes,"

"Cheeky,"

"Oh, Lucifer, Detective." The widow greeted. "I wasn't expecting you,"

"Yes, we have a few more questions for you," Maya said.