Pops [3]

Maya bit her lip from laughing as she walked to stand next to Lucifer.

Lucifer now wearing a restaurant tee. "Do you still think she's a suspect? We can arrest her now, if you'd like. You know, once she's done getting her stomach pumped,"

"What I want to know is...did she ingest the same thing as Javier by mistake? Or was she poisoned, too? Why did she survive?" Maya wondered.

"Well, perhaps the killer simply ran out of thermometers,"

"Who would have a bone to pick with Javier and his number two?"

"Oh, I don't know. Perhaps someone who was kicked out of the family biz?"

"You mean Junior,"

"Well, he seemed like a very troubled young man to me,"

"Yeah. It's almost as if his dad just died,"

Lucifer looked past Maya "Oh, and look who decided to grace us with his douchdom,"

Maya turned and quirked an eyebrow as both Chloe and Daniel walked into the restaurant...together.

"Daniel..." Lucifer greeted.

"Hey. Did you find something?" Maya asked Chloe.

"A Naomi Austen," Daniel informed as he tossed the file in front of Maya.

"She worked as a hostess here last year till she was fired," Chloe explained.

"She has two arrests for heroin possession over the last year alone,"

"Finishing each other's sentences." Maya nodded "Good to know,"

"Poor girl doesn't learn her lesson, does she?"

"Naomi Austen. That name sounds familiar," Maya realized. She looked through her interview notes "Ok. So one of the cooks said that she showed up two days ago, and was yelling at Javier and Anne, so...I'll see if her PO has an address,"

"It's already in the file," Daniel said.

"Look at you two," Lucifer told Daniel and Maya "like Cagney and Lacey,"

"He doesn't care who he pisses off, does he?" Daniel asked Maya.

"Nope and neither do I," Maya snapped.

"Dan..." Chloe called out as she followed him as he began to leave.

'As much as I enjoy soap operas, I really need to make a stop before we get back to work." Lucifer told Maya "I mean, this shirt's more of a loaner, really,"

***

Maya pressed the buzzer at the apartment. "Still no answer," she walked over to where Lucifer was looking into a window "OJ...spoons, foil. Looks like a junkie..." Maya looked up to see Lucifer had entered the apartment. She walked in to see Lucifer looking through the person's stuff "What do you think you're doing?"

"Well, I found something far more interesting." Lucifer proclaimed.

"We don't have a warrant,"

"We don't have time for warrants, Winchester!" Lucifer held up an item from the bag "Look. Junior was here,"

Maya realized it was an identity tag "Junior was staying here? He and Naomi must be close,"

'Yeah, well, they probably chased the dragon together after Junior killed his dad and then sat and looked at the twinkly lights. Why have they still got their Christmas tree up?"

"We don't know what happened," Maya argued.

"Well, maybe something in here will help clear that up." Lucifer tipped the bag to cause the contents to fall on the floor "Right. Uh...Board shorts. Don't know what more proof you need that he's deranged,"