Favorite Son

"And, this is bruising is from what?" Chloe asked the coroner.

"Possible imprint," The coroner replied. "I'll know more once I'm back at the lab,"

"Okay. Call me when you get something,"

"Howdy, partner." Lucifer greeted only for his face to fall upon noticing the lack of a certain Winchester.

"I'm not your partner," Chloe said, she noticed Lucifer's look and sighed "Maya has the day off,"

"Oh. So, what unpleasantness felled this heap of unrealized ambition then?" Lucifer asked as he looked down at the deceased security guard.

"Suffocation. A crushed trachea. And this heap has a name. Erwin Scovell, 55. He worked security here for 20 years,"

"Ooh, talk about suffocating,"

"Vice suspects this place has been used by criminal organizations to store illegal contraband. Container went missing."
Chloe explained "So Scovell probably walked in on a robbery in progress. Security cameras were disabled, so no video. Probably gonna need to canvass the..." she stopped as Lucifer shined a light on her "Lucifer, it's a dead body." Chloe reminded him "A little respect,"

"Do you know. I am amazed by the deferential regard you people hold for rotting flesh. I mean, this poor sap's already in Hell or in the Silver City enduring Uriel's welcome speech,"

"Let's pretend for one second that you're someone else." Chloe said "Someone nice, someone mature,"

"Ooh, I love role-play," Lucifer mused.

"Great. So, since we don't have any leads, let's focus on the next steps of the investigation, like what was in the stolen container,"

"But I've already solved it. I know what killed Erwin,"

"What?" Chloe asked.

"Boredom. I mean, getting murdered is probably the most exciting thing that ever happened to him. When do we get to raid a drug house or shoot someone? I mean I gave up an epic foursome to be here,"

"Lucifer, a man died, and we're going to do everything we possibly can to catch the killer,"

"Pass," Lucifer turned to walk away.

Chloe was quick to follow "Are you joking?"

"Hard pass,"

"Hey! After all of your manipulation to get to work with me and Maya, you're really gonna walk away because you think this case is boring?"

"Just call me when you've got a murder with a pulse. Or better yet, call me when Maya comes back to work. I mean..."

***

Lucifer walked down the stairs to the bar "Is the Brittany buffet still serving?" he stopped when Maya turned around to face him "Winchester," he grinned.

"We need to talk," Maya told him.

"I should hope so, you left alone with the detective at a homicide/robbery snoozefest,"

"Yeah, well, about hat robbery/homicide snoozefest: The container that's missing, it was yours,"

"What container?" Lucifer asked looking between Maze and Maya.

"The container," Maze corrected.