#TeamLucifer [3]

"It's Mike Carey," Dan said as the Crime Scene Unit lowered the body.

"Detectives, can I show you something?" An officer asked.

Chloe moved to lead Maya away from the body but took note of how tightly the woman held onto Lucifer's hand and decided to leave it be.

"So what do you make of all this, huh?" Malcolm asked the duo. "The Hail, lucifer, the pentagram?"

"I think it's a long time since I encountered genuine evil," Lucifer said as he rubbed Maya's back, understanding how she had been affected by the current case.

"Wow,"

Maya ignored the conversation between the two as she zone in on a different conversation.

"Morningstar is not exactly the most common name for the Devil," Dan told Chloe.

"You think someone did this for our Lucifer?" Chloe wondered. "That's kind of a leap, Dan,"

"Yeah, but if I'm right, it's also a conflict of interest. Somebody could be doing this on his behalf, or maybe he's involved differently,"

"What does that mean?"

"Yes." Maya said as she walked over to the two "What are you insinuating?"

"That some psycho might be killing people because of your boyfriend's whole Devil shtick," Dan argued.

"You're blaming me for this nonsense?" Lucifer asked.

"You do take the whole Satan thing pretty seriously,"

"You think I'd do these vile things? These kids were pretending to be bad, but they weren't they were innocent, so I would never hurt them, I'm not a monster,"

"Okay, guys." Maya moved in between Lucifer and Dan "That's enough," she glared after Dan.

"Maybe you and Lucifer should head home," Chloe instructed.

"You're benching me?!" Maya exclaimed.

"Okay, this sounds crazy, but this case might involve Lucifer," Chloe explained "And due to your connection with each other..."

"What do you mean, involve me?" Lucifer questioned.

"You know what I mean. I'm trying to protect you,"

"Oh, protect me from the evil, or the world from evil me?" Lucifer placed a hand on Maya's back and lead her away from the scene.

***

Lucifer helped Maya through the sea of protestors that stood in front of his club.

"You!" The man from earlier scowled as he came up to the duo. "I know you're behind this. Because I have seen you. I know what you are,"

"What I am is annoyed," Lucifer proclaimed. "Just let us go to my club and move along, please,"

"I know these murders are your doing!"

"I have no skeletons in my closet, which is more than can be said for you nasty little humans. So come on, preacher man, enough about me, let's talk about your dark and nasties, shall we?"

"I must throw you into a lake of sulfur and fire,"

Maya couldn't help the chuckle that escaped as she glared at the priest in front of her "You want to destroy him, get in line. But you'll fail,"

"It's like some kind of collective amnesia. I mean, I walk around this city of yours, solving its filthy little crimes, and this is the thanks I get?" Lucifer argued.