Et Tu, Doctor? [4]

"Hi. I'm Dr. Medina. Thank you for coming." A man spoke in front of a group. "All right, looks like we have everyone, so let's start,"

"Yes!" Lucifer exclaimed as he barged into the room, Maya not far behind. "That's a great idea. There's so very much to discuss. So let's start with the most important thing, shall we?" He pointed to himself "Me,"

"All right, this is supposed to be a grief therapy session for the patients of Dr. Shaw. And everyone here has a terrible loss to deal with.,"

"What, and I don't?"

"All right, you need to leave,"

"No, I'm close to something. I can feel it,"

Dr. Medina looked over at Maya "Are you going to do anything?"

Maya shrugged "I've learned that's it's best to let him run it off. Once he starts there's no stopping,"

"I should use one of you as a case study," Lucifer claimed. "Thank you for volunteering," he told Dr. Medina. "So what...what makes you jealous? Hmm? What do you desire that you can't have? Come on,"

"I..." Dr. Medina started. "I want Sandy,"

"But she didn't want you, did she?" Maya questioned, "Sandy loved her husband, so you killed him, didn't you?"

"Shut up!"

Maya smirked "Solved it, haven't I?" she took out her gun when Dr. Medina took a knife from the food table.

"I had to kill him, all right? He lied to her. He cheated on her. And I tried to tip her off, but no matter what he did, she still loved him,"

"You've just given me the perfect example of unbridled jealousy," Lucifer noted.

"I'm not jealous. I'm not,"

"The woman that you loved was with someone else, someone you thought wasn't worthy of her. But no matter what you did..."

Maya lowered her gun a bit when she noticed that Lucifer was looking at her as he spoke.

"She never saw you the way you wanted her to,"

"That's...That's pretty accurate." Dr. Medina said "Yeah,"

"You've just made me realize something." Lucifer told Dr. Medina "That my situation and yours are...absolutely nothing alike. I was right! Not jealous!"

Maya shook her head when Chloe walked into the room with her own gun raised.

"Drop your weapon!" Chloe ordered.

Maya reacted and grabbed Dr. Medina, the duo fighting over the knife. She felt hunter instincts kick in as she held the knife and glared down at Dr. Medina "Did you just bite me?" Maya growled.

***

Lucifer, Chloe, and Maya watched as Dr. Medina was lead into a police cruiser.

"So you were right about Linda," Chloe noted. "She helped me figure out the motive. And then I realized Jonathan and Dr. Shaw's offices shared the same security system. So I checked and..." she stopped "You're not listening to me, are you?"

"Afraid not," Lucifer admitted, a lost look in his eyes.

Chloe rolled her eyes and walked off.

"You didn't see any similarity between yourself and Jonathan?" Maya asked.

Lucifer sighed "I don't know. Did you?"

Maya shook her head "Mm-mm. No. Completely different,"

"That's what I thought,"