Favorite Son [5]

Maya walked over to Lucifer as he watched the EMTs take Renny's body away in a body bag "Hey, you all right?"

Lucifer remained silent.

"Decker says Cutter's gonna make it. He just gave a statement,"

"Cutter?" Lucifer asked.

"The guy Renny shot. Renny was pissed about the direction of the club; he thought they were selling out. So he went out on his own, robbed the warehouse, and killed the security guard. We got justice for Erwin Scovell,"

"Wonderful," Lucifer claimed bitterly.

"And they've recovered one container belonging to...a Lucifer Morningstar,"

"Where?"

"Inside,"

"You didn't take a sneaky peek before telling me?"

"You'd never lie to me, right?"

Lucifer let out a wry laugh "You're gonna watch me open it,"

Decker came over and handed Lucifer a pair of bolt cutters "You're damn right,"

Maya only shrugged as she and Lucifer followed Decker to the container. Maya held her breath once Lucifer cut the lock and the doors opened, she'll admit she was a bit underwhelmed seeing blank walls with no protective sigils on them.

Decker and Lucifer opened the chest together, and Maya felt myself deflate seeing it was nothing more than Russian dolls.

"Why go to all this trouble for dolls?" Decker asked.

"Oh, come now, Detective. I have to keep some mysteries for myself," Lucifer teased.

"Enjoy your dolls," Decker told him as she walked off "And see you at work tomorrow,"

"Yes, ma'am," Maya replied.

"Why so glum?" Lucifer asked.

"Russian dolls?!" Maya asked incredulously "It's gonna take more than that to fool me,"

Lucifer smiled as he pushed the wall and a set of secret doors slid open in the container.

Maya walked over as he remained silent "Lucifer?"

"They're gone," Lucifer said.