Sweet Kicks [3]

I sighed as Lucifer and I pulled up to a curb "Okay, Latin Kings turf. You need to have my back on this,"

"You can count on me, Winchester," Lucifer said.

"I find that hard to believe." I got out of the car as Chloe walked up.

"All right, Dani and Diego Ramirez. Married straight out of juvie; real hotheads," Chloe explained.

"Ooh! Do we get to kick in the door?" Lucifer fantasized "As your self-sacrificing partner, I volunteer to go first,"

"Tempting..." I admitted before Chloe cut in.

"No, there'll be no kicking in of anything, unless we have a warrant, or people are in immediate danger." Chloe glared at Lucifer "You better start taking this case seriously. If this escalates to a gang war..."

"Yes, yes, it could spiral out of control...blood could run in the streets, fire could rain down. Maya already gave me the whole spiel and so did your ex,"

Maya and Chloe gave each other confused looks before looking back at Lucifer.

"What do you mean?" Chloe questioned, "You spoke to Dan?"

"Mm!" Lucifer nodded. "He dropped by Lux. Kept rambling on about keeping you safe. Quite condescending if you ask me,"

"What is it with the men in my life?"

"Hey, remember how I said I would never give you a gun?" Maya told Lucifer, holding out a hand to stop Chloe from interrupting "I changed my mind. If things go south I need you armed. There should be a spare in between the seats, there's a hidden compartment,"

Lucifer headed over into the car, once he closed the door Maya clicked the lock button. He began rattling the door "Uh, Smith, you seem to have left on the central locking!"

"Act like a child, get treated like a child." Maya retorted as she followed Chloe.

"Wha...? Isn't it illegal to leave your child locked in a car?"

"I should have done that ages ago," Maya told Chloe.

"You're telling me," She muttered as they walked up the staircase.

A window was propped open with a wooden block allowing the two to hear rock music playing inside.

Chloe pounded on the door "Diego and Dani Ramirez, LAPD. I need to ask you a few questions."

No response.

Chloe pounded again "LAPD! Open up!"

The duo heard shrieking come from inside.

Chloe nodded and Maya moved back before kicking the door in.

"Who the hell are you?!" Dani exclaimed as Chloe and Maya walked further into the household.

"What are you doing here?!" Diego questioned.

Maya realized the two weren't talking to the female detectives and didn't want to glance over, already sensing the smugness.

"What are you doing in my house, man?" Diego asked Lucifer.

"How the hell did you get out of Maya's car?" Chloe demanded Lucifer.

"Well, it wasn't well wared." Lucifer chided as he glanced over at Maya, if only looks could kill "And good thing I did. There was an immediate danger, he was about to leave this woman completely unsatisfied,"

Diego got up "What the..."

Maya aimed her gun at him "Hey! Hey! Down!" she ordered.

"He's your partner?" Dina questioned.