Et Tu, Doctor [3]

"What is he doing?" Chloe asked as she walked up behind Maya, the duo looking up at the roof where Lucifer had joined Richard.

Maya watched in disbelief as Richard walked away. "I think he just saved our suspect,"

***

"I can't believe you, Lucifer," Maya mused as she and Lucifer stood to the side as Chloe spoke with Richards.

"What? You should be thanking me," Lucifer quipped.

"All right," Chloe interrupted the chat "Richard, we confirmed your alibi with your neighbor. You're free to go,"

"How did this happen?" Richard wondered. "Poor Sandy,"

"Who's Sandy?" Maya questioned.

"Dr. Shaw's wife, Alexandra. Her friends call her Sandy,"

"Okay, and you're friends with your therapist's wife?"

"Yes, how open was his relationship therapy, hmm?" Lucifer teased.

"No, it's nothing like that," Richard negated. "That's just how the Shaws are. They go above and beyond. I just ran into her two days ago. Sandy was planning a surprise for Dr. Shaw and everything,"

Maya perked up at the information "You ran into her two days ago...are you sure about that?"

"Yeah,"

Maya looked over at Chlose "Alexandra told us she was in Phoenix. We checked her alibi. She had plane tickets to prove it,"

"What was the surprise?" Lucifer questioned.

"I don't know," Richard said. "She just asked me not to tell Dr. Shaw she was in town,"

"Uh-huh." Lucifer chuckled.

"You can't think she did this?"

***

"Doctor? What a surprise," Lucifer greeted as he and Maya entered Lux and saw Dr. Linda sitting across from Maze.

"Hope Maze didn't scare you off," Maya quipped as she took a seat at the bar "Don't worry she's all bark and no bite,"

"Careful, hunter," Maze countered "I was just starting to like you,"

Maya merely hummed as she turned towards the psychiatrist "What are you doing here?"

"I thought you asked me to meet you here,"

"That now explains my missing phone," Maya held out her hand for her phone which Lucifer returned swiftly.

"That-that was me." Lucifer admitted "I felt like it would be good to get your input on the case,"

"That's a good idea, actually," Maya said as she took a sip of her beverage that Lucifer handed her "especially since our last suspect almost ended up sidewalk art. Turns out Mrs. Shaw flew to Phoenix but rented a car and drove back a couple of days early,"

"So, dear, sweet Sandy was here just in time for the murder," Lucifer said.

"Wait, Alexandra Shaw goes by Sandy?" Dr. Linda questioned. "The doctor had a female patient who was stalked by someone with the initials S.S,"

"He used initials in his notes?" Maya asked.

"I found it odd as well. Why conceal someone's identity in private notes? But I thought it was related, so I..."

"Unless S.S. stands for Sandy Shaw. If she was stalking one of her husband's female patients..."

"Then maybe Dr. Shaw was engaged in his own open-relationship therapy,"

"Sandy found out. So maybe she wasn't okay with it as she claimed," Maya glanced down when her phone rang "Smith," she nodded at the information given and hung up. "Unis found Sandy Shaw in her car in a parking structure,"

***

Maya stood with Chloe as they talked with Sandy.

"So you lied to us," Maya said. "You were in town the day your husband died,"

"Yes." Sandy admitted "But it's not what you think,"

"It never is," Maya sighed.

Lucifer pushed the ladies aside "Sandy, I'm on your side. Not everything stems from jealousy, no matter what these women tell you,"

Maya crossed her arms at the statement.

"You came here driven by some kind of desire, didn't you?"

"No," Sandy said.

"Come on. You can tell me. What was it?"

"It's disgusting,"

"Ooh, you naughty girl. Come on, now you have to tell me,"

"It's...in my car," Sandy used her keys to open the trunk.

Maya moved to view inside.

"What is, Sandy?" Lucifer asked.

"Poop," Maya replied. "Bags and bags of it,"

"I'm not sure whether to be horrified or impressed,"

"My friend owns a horse," Sandy explained.

"That's oddly comforting to know," Chloe said. "What were you gonna do with it?"

"I was going to throw it at Tiffany,"

"That the patient you were accused of...stalking," Dr. Linda remembered.

"Yeah. She's in a group therapy session right now for my husband's clients,"

"Group cheater therapy." Lucifer marveled. "Oh, the imagination runs wild,"

"So Tiffany was sleeping with your husband," Chloe said.

"She was," Sandy nodded.

"How'd you find out?"

"My husband's colleague, Dr. Medina, called me,"

"Okay, so he told you that your husband was cheating?"

"No, he had no idea. He just called to see if Bernie wanted to grab a last-minute drink. But Bernie was supposed to already be with Dr. Medina. That's when I knew my husband lied to me,"

"But he was the cheater therapist," Lucifer noted. "I don't quite see the problem here,"

"Shocker," Maya said with a roll of her eyes.

"The problem is he fell in love with her," Sandy admitted. "I lied to him about my trip, then I drove back from Phoenix to see what he was doing. I was..." she shrugged.

"Don't say it," Lucifer groaned.

"...jealous,"

"Yes, yes, we all get it! Jealousy makes the world go...I mean, what you, a girl band?"

"I loved him,"

"Oh..."

"I didn't kill him." Sandy cried. "I just wanted him back.

Maya looked over Sandy's shoulder and sighed "Oh, great. The douche-mobile,"

"Give me a second," Chloe told the duo as she walked over to Dan.

"So that's Dan, huh?" Dr. Linda questioned.

"Yes. Numbingly average, isn't he?" Lucifer quipped.

"I wouldn't say that,"

"Oh, don't tell me you're one of those women who finds him dreamy," Maya whined.

"I'm gonna go and talk to some people who are a little more open-minded, Doctor," Lucifer handed Dr. Linda the pamphlet. "Coming Winchester?"

Maya's eyes widened as she looked over at Dr. Linda, but saw the unamused face. "He told you who I was?"

"Doctor, patient confidentiality, don't worry," Dr. Linda winked.

"Does that include when someone tells you that they're gonna kill someone?" Maya began to follow after Lucifer "'Cause I'm gonna kill him,"