Chapter 3: Lesson 1

Janet, the age of 5, finally ready to start training to fight and start her educational practices.

She's not allowed to attend school until the age of 10 for some odd reason, so from now till then, her father has the family tutors teaching her.

Her classes include

- Behaviour and etiquette 

- Maths and science

- English

- Russian, Chinese, French and German Language classes

- History 

- Dance

- Clark family rules

Then finally combat which she has yet been briefed on.

Learning all this wasn't bad for Janet since in her last life she learnt absolutely nothing.

Going through about 3 of the subjects a day, Janet felt the exhaustion all through her small young body which isn't near fully developed.

'Do they want to kill me? These aren't normal lessons. They're basically shoving information and knowledge into my brain at a speed not for humans.'

But about a week later, she got the hang of it, she realised that all her teachers were old people about the age of 70.

"Nanny, why are all the teachers so old?" She asked boldly 

"Because all of them have taught your father and uncles, as well as your cousins and other relatives."

'No wonder they act differently compared to the maids and other staffs. The teachers speak without restraint, scold and swear where necessary, and they aren't scared.'

The lessons made sense and they gave her time to revise and memorise everything, but they made her remember the 5 Rules of the Clark family.

1. Don't betray the head of the family

2. Always make the family look good when in social events

3. Every member must have learnt all combat styles necessary

4. Political practices must be done before the age of 20

5. People of the Clark family must never bow there head to outsiders, even to a king

The rules were excessive, but in ways made sense considering the personality of her father described in the book and by the nanny.

The classes got easier as time went by, but what confused Janet was why she had to learn 4 languages. the answer was answered in no time as she started her combat lessons. 

Who her teacher is going to be was a complete mystery.

"Young Miss, stay here and you'll start your lesson soon."

Staying here in the dark gave her slight chills because of the memories on her old life. But what pushed her fear over the top was the clacking of foot steps coming towards her.

Not knowing what's coming towards her she stood still and eventually held her breath.

"You don't look like you've grown."

looking up at the figure that appeared in front of her, she stumbled backwards abit from the surprise and how tall the man was. 

He looked about 190cm.

"Janet Clark. You are my daughter. You will address me as father from now on."

Not replying, Janet finally lets her breath go, knowing she's not in COMPLETE danger.