Chapter 13: Rise above

"Miss, the Master has issued you a mission alone. You'll be underground to the gang fight and eliminate a man that goes by the name 'The Gangster king', he's been gamble on illegal events and is evidentially disloyal to the Mafias." Roger says as Janet is getting her hair done by Chelsea

Janet just nods.

She stands up, and with the other three, heads out and goes to school.

"Miss Janet, Father has given a mission to go alone tomorrow night, are you going to be ok?" Charlie asked

'Of course he's the first to hear'

"Not anything difficult." Janet replies nonchalantly

Monica then starts to ramble "Nothing difficult? Going alone is very dangerous! You could-"

"I'm not you." Janet cut her off. With not explanation, everyone knows the car knew what she meant, and in addition to the, the ride to school was as silent as a grave.

'It's not that I'm purposely being mean, she just doesn't know how to be respectful which is just pissing me off.'

"Jan! Did you see the scores?"

Once Janet and the 3 got off the car, Bella came leaping towards Jan.

"What scores?" Janet asked

"Our grades."

Janet frowned and continued to walk with Bella with the 3 on their tail.

"Would you look at that, you're first again." Ace says from behind when They arrived at the score board.

Janet has been first for 6 consecutive years, nothings changed. Monica got 3rd Which is surprising for Janet since in the Novel, she got first.

"Oh my gosh!" Bella squealed. Ace and Janet both looked at her

"Come on Beasty, you have got to lower your-"

He turned his head to look at the boys score board which lecturing Bella, but stopped when he saw the names.

"Ace....since forever, you've been first....but You're.....Second?!" Bella exclaimed.

Janet looked up at the board and saw Aces name next to the number 2, while Daniels name above his.

"Hah." Ace started to scoff  "what the fuck"

Janet moved here eyes and looked back at Daniels reaction, absolutely nothing, Danial just yawns and continues to stand with Charlie who ranked 6th in the boys category.

'Same as the Novel, This is where Ace and Daniels rivalry starts....Well, more like Aces competitiveness to Daniel starts.'

everyone goes back to class as the bell goes off, Janet starts wondering how the novel will play out now that so much has changed due to her difference.

'This is certainly nerve racking, my goal was for their revenge not to get to me, but It looks like I've made them hostile towards me...Monica is...and Daniel is just plainly suspicious of me'

"Hey Jan, I heard that the Clarks are getting together tonight again. Are you sure Daniel, Charlie and Monica are ready?" Bella whispers

"Oh? The blonde boy is meeting the freaks? Good. I hope they kill him." Ace mumbles to Janet.

Janet sighs

"Then be nice to your cousins and let them blow their anger towards you towards them." Ace chuckles quietly.

"Quit being an ass Ace." Bella sneers

********************

After school, Janet goes back with the 3 and starts getting ready for the family gathering, and the first time the main characters meet their cousins