Chapter 26: Pick one

"Janet" He whispered. His eyes widened. Pupils shaking. Something he wished wasn't true....came true.

Janet was Panting under him, she was slightly frightened, slightly panicking, and had no idea what the hell to do.

"You-" Ace was about to say something when a voice from outside alerted both.

"I heard sounds coming from Fathers office" Alice said to her mother

"open the door"

*Click*

Ace lifted Janet's back, and held her while lunging to the behind His fathers desk.

His back to the desk, and Janet in his arms and he hugged her from behind and had a hand over her mouth.

It was like he was protecting her.

janet turned her head in confusion and looked at Ace frowning.

He put his finger to his lips.

Janet nodded.

She leaned back, her back to her chest, She was exhausted, and not to mention her ankle was in pain.

"No one's here....but father's office is a mess."

"He might have caused some sort of tantrum" The Mistress sighed "Close the door, we can't have him knowing we came in"

"Yes mother"

*Click

Janet and Ace both sighed in relief.

The slivery girl moved out of the ruby eyed boy's arm, dragging herself away, sliding on the floor.

Her ankle...her foot...wasn't working on her command.

"You're the one..." Ace said, propping his knees up, planting his feet on the ground, and resting both his arms on his knees while he played with a knife that was thrown at him by Janet.

"Hm" Janet nodded

"Daniel killed my sister"

Guilt, once again, hit Janet hard. She nodded in response regardless.

Ace sighed. He ruffled his hair in frustration and looked at Janet, as the moon, shown threw the window behind Janet...a full moon that resembles the colour of the Janet's hair.

"God dang it Janet" He lowered his head. Janet didn't know how to reply.

Ace stood up, looked down at the injured Janet that he had just threw at the bookshelf with a face made of mixed emotions. Janet didn't even look up, she didn't know how to act.

'I could cut him off....right?'

He walked up to her, Making Janet feel as if she might be killed in the next second, and closed her eyes.

An arm wraps around her back and under her knees, unexpectedly, Ace came over and scooped her into a Princess carry after picking up her mask and putting it on her face,

"What-?" Janet was confused, and even slightly flustered. Ace, who had always wanted to see different expression made by Janet, didn't react, but only carried the injured girl to his room.

He helped her bandage her ankle as Janet sat upright on his bed. Neither talking.

"Ace-"

"you knew...but you acted as if nothing had happened."

Janet stayed quiet

"If I were you I would've killed 'me' as my guard was down."

"You suspected me though" she stated