Chapter 8: It's better now

The 6 children including Janet, sat down on the round couch.

"For a person of the main branch you sure are quiet and boring. Argh! I want food." Nancy groaned.

"Nancy, be nice, Hi, I'm Sophia" She said with a light smile.

'Creepy, all these children are creepy'

Janet just nodded as she took a sip of her water, just then, the twins stood up and sat on either side of her.

"Say, Janet, you aren't any fun for a main branch member, are you." Trent says playing with Janets hair.

"Trent, you know you shouldn't be mean to people weaker." Brent said with a small pout. He put his arm around Janet. "How about you trade your mind branch position to us-"

Both of the boys suddenly jolted, faces darken, slightly in pain, and suddenly quiet.

The 3 children watching, including James, were confused in what happened.

Trent suddenly groaned, "Oi, you asking for a fight?" He said through his teeth and not moving since there's a knife to the side of his body.

"Janet, cousin, calm down." Brent tried to sweet talk Janet.

Janet, with her arms crossed, was holding knives in both hands and hand them come in contact with the boys on the side of there body, pointy side in contact with their cloths and flesh.

"What's wrong." Sophia said with concern.

"This crazy bitch has a knife to us-"

At that moment Janet pushed the knife harder towards Trent who just opened him mouth.

"Honestly, you all are kinda boring." Janet who finally spoke, caused all her cousins to glare at her. She just lightly tilted her head and looked bored.

"You're too cocky because you're part of the main branch." Nancy stood up and suddenly had a gun in her hand. "You need to be taught a lesson."

Her blue eyes glowed as she glared down at sitting Janet. Janet who didn't move her head but only her eyes glared back, her eyes glowing just as intensely.

Janet kicked up the table in front of her causing the glass cup she used to fly upwards. Janet used her heeled foot to kick the cup to Nancys hand which knocked the gun right out of her hand causing her to yelp.

That one movement was like a signal for a fight to start.

James, the twins and even Janet stood up, sipping out weapons. Nancy took out another gun from who knows where, James took out a thin piece of string, Sophia who only did long distance, only pulled out a gun.

Janet jumped forwards at Nancy, hooked her arm around Nancy and placing a knife tip pinned at her throat,

James rushed forwards and put string around Janets neck, but with her quick reflexes, Janet easily slid out of it with ease and pointed a knife at Jameses forehead.

But of course, Nancy who was still a skilled fighter, has a hidden gun, tipped it out with one hand and put it behind her back and pointed it to Janets side.

'Shit' Janet cussed.

Trent had a gun out pointed to Janet but Janet angled Nancy to shield her from it.

All this happened in literally 5 seconds flat, Brent behind Trent and Sophia on the side, James was a hostage to Janet and Nancy and Janet with their lives in each others hands.

"Children, the food it ready- ah!"

The 6 children looked to the direction of one of the wives wearing a red long dress who dropped her glass and looked horrified.