Chapter 15: Purple reunion

'HUH?! Girlfriend?'

Before she could give Daniel a beating out of inpulse, Daniel gave her a small pinch on the side of her arm making her jolt.

"Oh? Sorry dude~~" The drunkard slurred.

Janet looked up to see Daniels head still turned to make sure the Drunkard was gone.

"Let go of me." Janet said calmly.

Daniel turned his head back and looked down on the Janet who was inches arms.

"You're warm." He says.

Janet frowns in complete confusion. "I'm alive, that's why." She says twisting herself out of her grasp.

"10 minutes." Roger announced.

Janet took a deep breath and scanned the area one more time.

"Look ahead, two clock." Daniel said

Janet turned her head to see a man and a woman who were also wearing all black with mouth face masks.

"I'm guessing the security will be tight." Daniel sighs

Looking at the guy of the pair, Janet starts getting a sense of familiarity.

"We will now have an early recess." announced the host.

Janets eyes widened and her inside started to panic a bit.

"You said we had 10 more minutes." She growled into her ear piece.

"Seems like it was a sudden change." Roger said calmly.

Janet sighed, she looked at Daniel side ways and he nodded at her in return. The two of them moved with the crowed to a different corridor which led to where the wealthy people have their breaks.

"It seems our target is in that room, wait for when he enters the smoking room, THEN attack."

Janet and Daniel stayed close and looked out for the door that led their target while acting as just casual customers hanging around.

'What's taking them so long?' Janet thought agitated

*Click*

The door opened with 'the master king' walking out of it and going towards the smoking room.

'Weird, he doesn't have ay guards with him, just ignorance or is there traps?'

Janet narrowed her eyes at the thought. Daniel held her onto her wrist and the two of them started walking towards the smoking room.

"H-Hey!" Janet whisper shouted

As if he had read her mind, he said, "The guards are probably inside, I can sense about 3 people in the room, whether they're hiding or just standing there is unknown. So we just have to go in and find out."

Janet frowned. Though it's risky, there's were no other options to choose from in the situation.

Standing on each side of the door, the pair heightened their senses and put up their guard.

Like anyone would, Janet opened the door like normal making the only person. the Two of them walked into the room nonchalantly like they're entering a restaurant.

'Where are the other two? Daniel and I both sensed that there are 3 people in the room.'

"who are you!" the man demanded.

'Can't worry about that now, lets just get the job done.'

Janet changed forwards at an extremely fast speed and slashed the knife across his neck, but somehow, the man clumsily dodged it. going for another swing, she decided to kick the guy on the side this time. She hit the gagster king and sent him flying and onto the floor.

'Isn't this guy supposed to be dangerous? He's so weak.'

taking out a knife, she stood above him and held her knife above.

'Let's get this over with.' But just as she's about to strike, a another knife came her way from an anonymous direction. With her trained reflexes, she leaned back and jumped back to next to Daniel who hasn't moved an inch since they entered the room.

Janet couldn't tell where it came from, she turned her head to look at Daniel who looked calm as day.

'Huh...how am I just sensing them now?'

Janet sent her knife flying upwards towards the ceiling, this resulted in two people appearing in front of them.

"You found us" the man said

"It seems the boy knew when he stepped in though, he slightly looked up when he entered the room." The girl continued.

Janet frowned, 'it took me while to be able to detect them.'

"From the looks of it, it seems that his reputation says 'the gangster king' is strong, when actually it's his guards who are strong." Daniel says calmly

"What?" Janet questioned

"The gangster king is known to be so strong no one has survived after fighting him, but actually, it's the people he hired that are strong, they're the ones that have been fighting his fights."

'That makes sense'

"Why did you appear now? I nearly had my head sliced off!" The old man complained.

'How annoying.....'

The man of the pair looked annoyed while the girl looked like she was about to kill him.

"I'll take him on." Daniel says slightly amused. Janet frowned, wondering why he'd pick the 'he' of the pair as his main enemy. "Seems like he's actually a challenge." He says

Daniel had whipped out a gun in one hand while a knife in the other, surprisingly the enemy had the same weapons. 

With no warning, the two guys charged at each other, blade to blade.

End of chapter 15

Sign: Tiggy