Chapter 28: unexpectedly expected

"I literally asked you if you're coming, you should've known I'd be somewhere around, I was spoon feeding facts to you."

Janet was slightly surprised, but her guard was lower now, even though Ace acts as a threat to her, she's surprisingly calm around him.

"And for your information, I'm only here for the The necklace...and no, it's not a mission." He shrugged taking off his mask.

Janet only sighed at the reveal, without a second later, Janet too took off her mask.

"Was it necessary to kill them?"

"Yes, they looked perverted"

Janet raised a brow, 'for that reason? really?'

"And they were going to shoot at us anyway."

"Couldn't you have started with THAT?" Janet shook her head

"I could've...but where's the fun in that?" he smirked

Janet walked over to the dead bodies and pulled out the USB that she had bought with...what was supposed to be 100million dollars, but thanks to Ace, she got it for free.

Tapping on her ear piece she spoke again. "Charlie can you hear me..." There was no reply until a while later.

She put her finger to her lips, gesturing Ace to stay quiet. She pulled out gold framed glasses and put them on. "Charlie, I'm scanning the USB and transferring It to you, make sure it's the one."

Charlie looked through the glasses and straight to what Janet was looking at. "I see it"

Ace noticed that the glasses that Janet had on are scanners, therefore he decided to stay quiet...but it didn't mean he'd stay still.

He walked around the room without Janet noticing or hearing his foot steps, being the meschevious person he is, He walked into the sight that glasses can see and put part of his foot in view.

"Miss Janet! Somethings moving on your left!"

Janet immediately took of the glasses and directed it to another direction while she glared at Ace.

( -"....."- means it's being mouthed)

-"Stop moving"- She mouthed

-"Make me"- he smirked back

She held up a fist and he reacted by putting his arms up in a serenader position and quietly chuckled

'Son on a-'

"Miss Janet! Are you ok?"

Forgetting that Charlie was still able to communicate with her, she quickly put the glasses on and continued to scan the USB.

"It's fine...just a.....rat"

'Hah, she called me a rat' Ace thought, amused while sitting down behind Her

"And...complete. Yes it's the real thing." Charlie reported

"Good, now go back."

"Yess Miss."

Janet took off the comunicator and glasses, then turned to Ace.

"Oh come on, don't look at me like that."

"Can't you stay still?" Janet rolled her eyes.

"Now that you're done with your mission, How about Dinner with me."

"No"

"Oh come on"

"no"

"Look, thing is-"