Chapter 22: Competition

The half way point of the year was reached, Ace was finally himself again But he still had Tamara  following him everywhere, she's been especially clingy ever since his sister died.

And weirdly, Tamara has been glaring at Janet when ever she sees her.

'Weird kid' Janet couldn't help think

"Well class, Mid terms are coming up, don't forget, next year you'll be getting ready for university. That'll be all for today." The teacher wrapped up the class for the day.

Janet, who was just about to leave, got stopped by Tamara.

"Mid terms, make a bet with me."

janet tilted her head

"You beat me in all the tests this past year, who knows how, but this time, I'll be the victor."

'Right, originally she's supposed to bother Monica, but somehow the trouble come to me.'

"No, this time I'LL be the victor." Monicas voice came from the side

Tamara looked at Monica up and down and just gave a 'hah' sound

"For a person constantly getting 3rd place, you have no right to speak to me about such matter."

"Hey!" Monica's face went red

"ohhhh, interesting, a fight for the top spot." Ace's voice made Janets eye twitch as he made her even more irritated.

Janet has been closer to Ace since the day on the balcony and so has Monica,

For a while, Janet had wondered what was wrong with him, but in the end thought it was for the best since he'll be going off and chasing Monica soon.

"Oh! Girls! Do you guys have your dresses ready?" Bella squealed.

All three of them, Janet, Monica and Tamara gave a confusion look.

"Seriously?! next week is the Fephinagy commemoration Party, they have it every 10 years! You have to be 13 years and older to attend, don't you know about it?!"

Tamara shrugged and Monica tilted her head, Janet just didn't react.

"Oh gosh, have some fun would ya!" she stomped her feet. "You know what, this weekend, we'll go shopping, Charlie, Daniel, Ace, you're coming too."

"HUh?!" The three boys made the same sound, "why?" Ace asked annoyed.

"We gotta find suitable suits for you, since there WILL be a theme, it's different everytime, This time is Red and Blue."

Ace banged his head on the table

Bella smiled and clapped her hand, "Then it's settled, Saturday at 1pm, sound good? No complaints? Good. Now that's out of the way, how about we go out to eat."

"No, busy." Janet stands up. She and Daniel have a mission.

"Same here, sorry beasty" Ace stands up too, this alerts Janet,

'is he going on a mission too?'

Janet turns her attention to Daniel who looked at her too, he gave her a light nod, signally that there's a possibility that Ace will be there.

Since knowing that Ace Is the purple eyed boy, they've actually not encountered him again in the last few months during a mission.

"Argh, Charlie! Monica, are you two free?"

"No" Monica walked right pass them. "I would like to eat with you Miss Bella" Charlie smiled

Bella smiled back, "finally, a normal person that wants to go out after school to