Chapter 33: Ski trip ENDs

Previously:

She ran back to her room at full speed, not even worried that her slippers were gone. Once back in her room, she rummaged her back for a knife. Finally finding it, she dashed out of her room without even feeling the presence of another other than the girls.

"Where are you going?"

*****

Janet turned around, startled from the voice that came unexpectedly. But after realising it was Daniel, she immediately turned back, looking for weapons and anything else that'll help.

"Hey, don't ignore me!" He tried to spin her around but she slapped him away.

"Why are you looking for weapons? Did you get attacked? Ace wasn't in the room, is he fighting?"

'How the fuck does he analyse things so quickly'

"None of your business" Grabbing a handful of tools, Janet runs past him and shoves him aside.

But not long after, the golden haired boy grabbed her from behindhand and threw her against the wall. "Where do you think you're going?"

She tried to break free by attempting to kick him where it hurts most, but he locked her legs with his so that she can't and held her hands down against the wall.

"You do know that guy can take care of himself right?"

"Get. Off. Me" She struggled to get out of his grip, "ARGH!", her last resort was desperate, but worked effectively In the short run. With enough energy, she threw her forehead against his, head-butting him like there's no tomorrow and receiving the long term effect of the attack. Her brain felt like it was shaking like dice in a cup, and her brain cells were pingpong balls hitting every part of her head, but even like that, she ran towards the exit while Daniel was still in the same spot, grabbing his head and groaning.

But by the time she got to the place she left Ace, there were only dead bodies laying on the ground already starting to get buried by the snow. Easily spotted, a boy was sitting against one of the trees while playing with a knife within the bloody scene. 

Janet looked at him. Puffing. Sighing through all the irregular breathing patterns. 

Ace noticed Janet's arrival and welcomed her back with a smirk, "I told you I was fine"

Janet shook her head, "They might've been coming for me"

"Doubt it, I'm much more valuable"

Groaning that such a fact is undoubtable true, she walked towards the said tree and stood in front of him, "You've got a scratch on your cheek"

"Hah, yeah, one of them took me by surprise"

Ace's face didn't show any sort of excitement or relief, but more of a face that was kept serious the whole time.

"What's on your mind" asked Janet.

There was a momentary silent as the night's wind swept passed them, "One of them mentioned a war coming. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be much of a problem...." He looked up at her with his red eyes that matched the colour of the blood rolling down his cheek, "but Janet, have you thought of what will happen if our families went to war?"

Janet's expression changed, a frown appeared and her head lowered.

"Will you be able to raise your knife at me?" He asked in all seriousness.

Janet didn't respond, Ace realised so and continued, "I'll tell you something, consider it a pre-warning. If I have to protect my family, I will raise a knife at your throat."

It was like she was hit with a bullet, Janet's heart dropped hard into her stomach as the realisation hit her. Ace has a united family, and she doesn't. Even if Ace's father is just like her's, he still has his mother and sister.

Ace finally stood up and this time, it was he who was looking down at her, "If that time comes, I'll accept any resentment you have for me"

He walked away, leaving Janet to stand there looking down at the snow. When she arrived in this world, she promise herself that nothing will stop her from surviving, and in a situation like this, she shouldn't be hesitant to kill. But something was stopping her. It scared her. Something holding her back...meaning she has a weakness, and a weakness means she's vulnerable.

'I cannot be vulnerable, I cannot stop and think about all this. I need to move forward, free myself, and finally live in peace'

She tried to shake off the unsettling feeling that Ace triggered and walked back inside.

The next few days was a haze to Janet, they all went skiing, but she and Daniel didn't say a word to each other, Ace didn't even show up. And thus, time flew faster than skiing down hill.

***

"How was your trip milady?" Chelsea asked as she helped Janet unpack.

"Wasn't that enjoyable" Janet sighed

Chelsea smiled sadly at Janet which was slightly perceived to be pity

"Chelsea, has my father or Roger done anything suspicious or extra these past days?"

"Not that I recall of....although, there was this scary looking boy that came into the mansion to talk to the master"

Janet's eyes widened, "Scary looking boy?

Chelsea, "yeah, he has a very scary vibe and not to mention he has shark like teeth."

'Oscar?'

"When was this?"

"Yesterday afternoon, master didn't look happy after the boy left"

'What's his plan, what's his deal'

Chelsea left the room and Janet stayed inside thinking, "what on earth could Oscar be up to, is he working for someone else?"

But just at that moment, her window glasses blasted into shards of different sizes within the time period that allowed her to barely protect herself. When she finally lifted her face from behind her arms that covered her, 2 of the faces she hated most appeared.

"What's up Janet"

The twins who she so happens to share blood relations with, her psychotic cousins.

"Sorry, but you have to die" Trent charged towards her with a long pole that was about a meter long.

'What the fuck?!'

Janet backed away, trying to get out of the way and out of the bedroom. As she was focused on Trent and How to get out, she didn't notice Brent coming from behind with a taser.

"Argh!" Janet groaned, "She can't die yet dumbass" Brent  said as Janet fell forwards into Trent's arms with her conscious fading little by little.

'Shit'

End of chapters 33

19th March Tuesday 2024

Author's note: So yeah, I think I have abit of story in me to sprinkle onto these pages, but no promises, I've been quite stuck on this story for a while but um...yeah, enjoy

And yes, I'm back, woop woop~

Sign: Tiggy