Finding Eren

We found help somewhere in a broken house. I was neither sad nor angry. I don't know what was going on. Right now, Sasha advised me to sleep but strangely, I don't want to.

Half hour later, Sasha slept. I'm still awake.

Few moments later, Levi came to check whether we slept or not. I turned around so he couldn't see me awake.

"Ackerman" he called. I didn't respond. "I know you're awake." he completed.

I understood and woke up. He called me and told to follow him.

Unwillingly, I followed.

I was walking with my head down. I was so lost in thoughts, I didn't realise we were under a tree in an open garden.

"Come, sit here" Levi told while he sat down on the ground.

I obliged.

"You miss him, don't you?" he asked. I stayed silent.

We were there for about one hour, without speaking a word. Levi gazing stars, while I was gazing the grass. Only silence was there. After few minutes, Levi got up to leave. I was still sitting.

"Ackerman" he called, "You know about Ackermans right?

I nodded.

"You know? Kenny is an Ackerman as well." 

My eyes went wide. Kenny. An Ackerman. The bloodline of warriors that protected Eldia's King, but were persecuted to the brink of extinction after refusing to follow his ideology.

"Yes, you are right. Kenny is related to you. Probably your distant uncle." Levi informed.

Kenny. My uncle. I don't want to think about it.

"Alright. We had enough talk, you may go to sleep now. Its late." Levi ordered. "Plus we have to find Eren and Historia as well." he completed.

A new energy rose in me. I nodded and left.

Next morning, I woke up before Sasha and Hanji, and got ready. I woke up Sasha, Connie, Jean. I was in a hurry. I went to wake up Levi. He wasn't in his tent. I went to the park where we were yesterday. He was under the same tree, sleeping. I went near to wake him up, then it flashed in my mind that he has insomnia. Plus it wasn't time for us to depart. But I want to get out as soon as possible. I went near him to wake him up. My hand stopped few inch away. If he is sleeping so sound, it means he slept an hour ago, or two. I looked closely, he mumbled something which I couldn't understand. I couldn't make it out at first but I repeated the gibberish he said and it sounded like, 'Petra'. A frown came on my face. I raised my hand to slap him. The moment I charged, Levi's eyes opened and he stopped my hand.

"What are you doing brat?" Levi asked.

I didn't say anything. I stood there expressionless.

"We have to prepare." I told him emotionlessly.

In an hour we deployed.

We were two teams- Levi, Hanji one team, I, Armin, Jean, Sasha, Connie one team.

Levi, Hanji went East while we went West.

Few hours passed yet no sign of any clue. I was getting irritated. Sasha and Connie said they were hungry. So was Jean. I too was hungry, but I prioritized searching.

"Ah! I'm much hungry" Sasha said tiredly, holding her stomach.

"Me too Sasha" Connie said.

"Not gonna lie, me too" Jean said blushingly.

"Mikasa aren't you hungry?" Armin asked.

"No I'm fine" I replied, trying to hide the sound my hungry stomach made.

"Fine" I sighed, "We go to a nearby restaurant and eat." I ordered.

"Alright!" everyone replied in unison.

We entered a nearby restaurant.

Sasha ordered her usual Yakisoba bread and sweet potato along with meat and boiled rice. Weird combo. Jean, Armin, I and Connie ordered noodles. I wanted to finish and get going soon, but with them, it didn't seem so. I sighed.

"Hey have you heard?" a stranger was talking to his friend, "Captain Levi broke into prison, defeated guards, met Commander, then left.

"These Survey Corps" his friend continued "They never rest. Neither they let us live in peace."

"Looks like Captain met Commander." Jean said.

"But what would he need from Commander?" Armin said.

"We'll ask when we meet him." I replied.