Awake, Arise and Begin

Few hours later, we were back to Quarters. Hanji took Levi to the Medical Team for an operation. I wanted to come too, but Hanji insisted me to go to room to rest, so I obliged.

I went back to my room to rest for a while. When I reached, I saw a letter on my desk. Probably this is the letter Levi talked about. I went to open and read it. It was a letter from Eren. I began reading each word carefully.

...

I woke up and saw everything blurry. I saw people in white dress working around something. I assumed they were doctors and operating someone. No one noticed me though. I went to see who they were operating. It was...

ME?

They were operating me?

"He's losing his pulse" One doctor informed to the rest, "His beats are getting low" another doctor informed.

What was happening, I couldn't understand. 

"Hey Shorty! Just keep up with us you fool!" Hanji exclaimed, "You will have to stay alive. You have to come to us!" Hanji cried with tears in her eyes.

I deciphered I am dead. I moved out of the room and was walking around. I was invisible to everyone. I was roaming aimlessly when I saw my old squad. Petra, Eld, Gunther, Oluo. They were saluting me with proud face. The moment I went near them, they vanished. I was confused.

"Levi!" a familiar voice which I may have heard ages ago called. I turned quickly to see my mother. She and Kenny were standing in a bit distance. I quickly ran to them, but the moment I reached, they disappeared. Suddenly, clouds were everywhere and another voice called me. Erwin. As soon as I recognised his voice, I turned to see him and all the dead soldiers who died since I joined the corps. Even Farlan and Isabel, Mike, Nifa and many known ones. I drifted towards them. They vanished as well. I was infuriated. Suddenly, I saw Hanji, but something was different. Her eyes were fine. I changed my assumptions and thought that I'm dreaming. Hanji came close to me, and pulled me with her without uttering a word. For some strange reason, I went with her. I was in someone's room. Hanji pointed to someone. I saw someone was crying while reading something. I went near the person. It was Mikasa. I saw what she was reading. The letter. I recognised. I turned back, Hanji vanished and Petra appeared. First she came and hugged me tight.

I was standing there shocked, then Petra begun, "I'm sorry Heichou, I can't be with you anymore. But as I see, I found some worthy. Now I can leave in peace. Goodbye. Love You Levi Heichou" she vanished after saying this. Worthy? What was she talking about?

"Why? Why you all want to leave me?" Mikasa said to herself while crying, "You know it very well Eren I wanted to protect you not because of some instinct I possess.

It is because of love."

I was shocked hearing those words. I don't know, I felt like a pain in my chest. I wanted to leave. The moment I turned I saw Mikasa. I quickly turned back and saw she was sitting there crying, then who was in front of me? She came near me and tried to slap me. I held her hand as a reflex.

She begun, "Where do you think you are going?

You have made me, made us worried.

Always staying near death?" she began crying.

"You take care of us, watch us, help us, I know you have harsh ways but as you say 'Pain is the best method for discipline' I know you follow this principle.

Our health, our joy, our everything and when it came upon you, you just leave?

There's a war going in horizon, everyone needs their Heichou, 

Humanity's Strongest Warrior

And you? Trying to leave us?" she tried to slap again, but I stopped her hand again.

"I love you Eren" I heard from the voice behind, I turned to see the letter holding crying Mikasa saying this. I was emotionless again. My heart felt like shattering into pieces. 

"I haven't finished yet Levi!" the other Mikasa cried and headbutt me. I fell on the ground. Something warm was on my face. I saw the Mikasa standing in front of me standing shocked. I touched my face.

Tears.

I wasn't drunk but... tears?

I wanted to punch a wall but my body didn't move. Then something unexpected occurred. Mikasa jumped on me and pulled me into embrace.

"Levi" she began crying hard, "Look, I know life is difficult but you can't leave us, leave me. You have to come back to me.

Tell me?

Will you come back? Will you?"

I was lost at my thoughts, confused for what was going on.

"Yes!" escaped my lips.

"Good" she said with a smile, tears still flowing our eyes, "I will be waiting for my Heichou" then she pulled me to a kiss.

"Come to me soon, Heichou. I need you" she said before disappearing.

"I will." I said.

I went to the Mikasa who had the letter. She slept crying. I caressed her forehead, put the bangs behind her ear, covered her with blanket and left.

Outside the operating room, I saw two eyed Hanji. She was crying. I looked back and saw everyone again. Erwin, dead soldiers, Farlan, Isabel, Mike, Nifa, Petra, Eld, Gunther, Oluo. I turned more to see Mother and Kenny. I waved at Mother and Kenny and saluted the rest.

I turned towards two eyed Hanji, hugged her and went inside.

...

I woke up. I might have dozed off a bit. I saw letter in my hand. I got up. I had a blanket over me. Must be Hanji. I walked out to search for her. I found her outside the room where patients were kept. On asking her about Levi, Hanji assured that he is alive and there is nothing to worry about. I felt relieved now. He had few scars on his face and has lost one of his eyes as well, but he's alive. I was feeling satisfied and somewhat happy but I didn't know why.