Reaction

"No no no! I won't accept this plan." I opposed. "Mikasa!" Hanji tried to calm me down, "No means No. I thought Eren was a mad person, but Heichou! You too!? You are joining him as well!?" I yelled.

"We don't have any choice now Mikasa, its our only way to end this all" Hanji tried to calm me again.

"And I will do what's necessary for people" Levi completed.

"But..." I was about to say something when Levi cut me off, "Mikasa Ackerman!"

"Yes sir" I replied hesitantly, holding back tears forming in my eyes.

"Its an order and you have to oblige" Levi said with a harsh tone.

"Yes sir" I replied with a low tone.

"Does anyone else have any objection?" Levi asked everyone.

"No sir" everyone replied in unison.

"Dismissed" Levi replied.

We all started to disperse when Hanji tapped my shoulder and gestured me to wait. I waited. I wasn't thinking anything now. I was lost somewhere and didn't  know my way back.

Everyone left, except me and Hanji. There was silence for a minute or two.

Hanji begun, breaking the silence, "I know it would be hard for you."

I was looking down towards the floor, to which she pulled my chin upwards and begun,

"First your parents, then Eren's, then your friends and now someone dearest to you again.

If I said I can feel you, it would be a lie, and I don't want to lie.

However, the only person who can feel you right now has left just now."

I started looking down again.

"A soldier's life isn't easy cadet. That's all I can say now." Hanji said while hugging me.

I left for my room when I heard someone punching and kicking something very bad. I headed towards the source of sound. I heard someone yelling. The sound was coming from the Training Room. I went inside to see all lights off, except for one, which shone above a dangling punching bag. The bag was shaking vigorously. I went towards it to see Levi sitting on a mattress near the bag, looking his hands. I went near to him. On sensing me approaching him, he hid his hands.

"What is it brat, why are you here at this time?" Levi asked.

"What is it that you are hiding?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Nothing of your concern." he replied. I understood something might've happened and I started begging him to show his hands.

At the end, I forced him to show his hands, and he showed me. I was struck by horror to see.

"Happy now Mikasa? Now let me train again" Levi replied

"I am sorry" I replied.

"You shouldn't. You haven't done anything. I lost two of my fingers because of that snitch.

Now my only aim in life is to kill that bastard, and I don't care what it takes." Levi said.

He then stood up and begun to punch the bag again, while I was trying to hold my tears.

"Don't" Levi begun, "It would hurt. Just go to your room and let it all out. I know how it feels. Go."

I nodded and left.

Next day approached in the wink of an eye. Armin, Jean, Connie, Pieck, Falco and Gabi left for Ragako. On the other hand, Levi and his soldiers departed for Marley.

"Its a do and die situation. Do it, then die." Levi said before leaving.

I felt a pain in my heart, the moment he began to leave. I was kept at base to protect Hanji and others who will deploy later this afternoon.