Levi's Freedom

"Is everything clear!" Levi asked.

"Yes sir!" we replied in unison.

"Good" he replied, "You all are given an hour to prepare. Dismissed!"

"Hoi!" everyone replied and went to the place where their equipment were kept. I stayed there waiting for everyone to leave.

After everyone left, I approached Levi. 

"What brought you here? Weren't you given a task?" Levi asked.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Me?" he replied.

"You gave us all tasks, but you didn't mention yours. What are you going to do? Are you going to do something which will put your life in danger?" I asked.

"It doesn't concern you." he replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"You don't need to care about me. Stay focused on Eren." he replied.

"What about you?" I asked panicking inside.

"I told you, it doesn't concern you." he replied.

I was frustrated. I was about to ask something but he cut me off by saying, "Captain Mikasa Ackerman. Don't think of me as Former Squad Leader Hanji, who would've listened to me. I work different."

"I don't care about anything or anyone. I want my revenge. Either I'll die, or I'll live like a Living Dead." he said clenching his fists.

"I am not someone you need  to be concerned about. Those who should've been concerned are no more alive." he said.

"What about me? Am I dead too Levi?" Hanji asked appearing out of nowhere. 

"Hanji?" Levi's eyes went wide.

"Yes its me. That crazy friend who fought death to be here, only to know that my remaining dearest old short friend, doesn't consider me alive." Hanji replied with tears in her eyes.

Not going to lie, even I was shocked with this reaction of hers.

"Levi. We faced many problems together. Titans, enemies, problems, all these time I cared for you. I was stroke with a blade into my eye, just so that you don't get hurt. And you don't consider me alive?" Hanji replied while tears fell from her eyes.

Levi was silent.

"Levi, all those teasing, bullying, everything was because I-" Hanji was cut off by Levi, "I know." he said.

She was shocked with tears still falling from her eyes.

"And I know you don't" she replied while looking down.

Levi pulled her by her cloak. They just stared into each others eyes and then Levi let her go.

"Just be alive." Hanji said in a sad tone.

"I'll try." he replied while strapping his ODM gear.

"Take care of her and the team." Levi told me and left on his horse.

"He is always like this." Hanji said to me while wiping her eyes. "Come we are in a middle of a war."

We left to prepare for war.

After preparing, we left for the war. We took on many Titans. I and Hanji were silent with serious looks on our face, even Armin was shocked. 

After killing few more Titans, we heard a roar which was somehow familiar. I quickly maneuvered in that direction. Few yards  ahead, I saw, someone cutting a man's neck, and nearby, Beast Titan carcasses were visible. It must be, Levi and Zeke?

After cutting the neck of the man, the killer just landed and fell on  ground. I went near him to see it was Levi.

I was right. Levi killed Zeke. He avenged. He is alive as well. Suddenly, he saluted the scout salute.

 Suddenly, he saluted the scout salute

He did it.

He achieved what he wanted.

He avenged all his former comrades, soldiers, martyrs, his old squad, friends.

Now he is free.

At the sight of this, I automatically saluted him, out of respect.

"He did it Mikasa" Hanji told me, with serious look in her eyes, "He is free now. No more nightmares, no more Insomnia, no more burden. Levi is free. I am happy for him."

"Come, lets pick him up." I told Hanji.

"Yes" she replied.

We reached back at camp with Levi. I held him in my arms, while he was unconscious. Hanji guided me to bed, then begun his first aid. Chills were running down my spine with every passing minute. If this bastard dies, I'm gonna deal with Devil to torture his soul.

Then seeing him sleeping peacefully, I sighed. "Finally, you are free from your burden Levi. Now no one needs to worry about your insomnia."