Discovery

During our journey back, I was kind of distracted. Levi, is an Ackerman as well. Moreover, he came up to this top, as Humanity's Strongest Warrior. Respect for him increased in my eyes. He became an inspiration for me well. He was an inspiration for many, including Eren. All my hatred towards him vanished for me.

"What happened Mikasa?" Levi asked me.

"Uh, nothing" I replied blushingly, thinking why I was blushing.

"By the way Mikasa, whatever you heard there-" Levi begun hesitantly.

"Don't worry Heichou. That secret will die with me." I replied with a little smile.

"Thank You." his reply shocked me again, "And ya, don't dare to blackmail me." 

"Don't worry Heichou, I won't blackmail you in any case." I replied with a smile little bigger. "However, I may ask one thing from you in return."

"I won't reduce anyone's any task" he replied.

"No I wasn't going to ask that" I replied, "I will ask whether..." I paused, "Will you?" my smile was getting bigger, "Spend time under the terrace, like that day, with me?"

"Uh-" I cut him off by saying, "Answer must not be no" with a big grin on my face which surprised him.

"Alright" he replied, and I was excited and eagerly waiting for night. And reaching Quarters as well.

"By the way Mikasa, this doesn't mean you will not get any punishment for coming, in spite of being told to stay at the Quarters." Levi ordered. For the first time, I was happy he punished me, and I shook my head with an unusual grin which I guess startled him.

We rested in the same resting place as before. I was reading every movement Levi was making. Sitting on the rocks, holding a cup of Black Tea, with his usual expressionless, pale face with dark circles under his eyes, which I don't know why I started like. Now he calling me "Brat", "Ackerman" or sometimes "Mikasa" was soothing for me. But all of sudden? Why?

We reached Quarters within a day or two, in the evening, around 7. Levi was talking to a soldier, while Eren came to receive me.

"Mikasa where have you been?" Eren asked. "You know what have happened here?"

"I was in a mission with Levi, what happened?" 

"Have you ever wondered? in our journey of me being kidnapped, and Historia being the queen, etc, Reiner and Bertholdt were missing?" Eren asked.

I thought for a while. "Yes, in these events, there was no sign of them." I replied.

"Because they are Titan Shifters as well." Eren replied, "They were from same place with Annie, more than that, they came here for the same purpose as Annie came for."

My eyes went wide. I turned back. Levi was gone, and a soldier called and informed that an urgent meeting is called by Erwin.

We assembled in the Assembly Room.

"Scouts!" Erwin begun, "Our spies have told that Reiner and Bertholdt are seen near the walls many times.

Maybe they have damaged it or plan to damage it.

So, tomorrow we go to inspect the walls.

Our plan of recapturing Shiganshina is on hold now."

"Recapturing Shiganshina?" I asked my group.

Armin replied, "You remember, Eren always wear a key?"

"Yes" I replied.

"It is of his father's basement which has something with which, we may get one step closer to knowing about the Titans." Armin replied, "As per Erwin's belief. So we planned to retake Shiganshina district and go to basement."

"I see" I replied.

The meeting was dismissed and everyone went to their respective rooms.

I was tired as well, but it clicked my mind that I have to go to terrace to meet Levi, as promised.

I got ready, made two cups of Black Tea, in case, poured them in a Thermos Flask, and took it along with two cups. I reached the terrace. Door was closed. I thought that he won't come so I was about to turn back. Then I thought I brought tea with me. "At least enjoy self company Mikasa." I told myself and went up. I opened the gate. It wasn't lock. What? Before me was, Levi. A smile came to my face.

"You're late Mikasa" he told in his usual expressionless expression.

"Sorry" I said with a smile on my face. "I thought you wouldn't come."

"Ya ya whatever" he replied. "Is that tea?" 

"Yes"

"Take it out, I want to drink." 

"Sure, I have enough."

We sat there and drunk tea for half an hour speaking nothing.

Finally I broke the ice, "You know about Basement Mystery and all?"

He gave me a stare which sent chills in my spine.

He sighed then begun, "When I went to Erwin, he told me everything about his plan to regain Shiganshina, but that is on halt, due to Reiner and Bertholdt.

Erwin was sad with this."

"I know. Getting betrayed hurts." I replied.

"He wasn't sad for this." he replied. "He wanted to  know Basement's secret as soon as possible."

"Why?"

"Don't tell anyone what I am about to tell.

When I infiltrated Erwin's prison. I heard him talking with Pixis.

He told about his past life."

I started to have goosebumps.