Chapter 1: Request

Kamala's POV

I tearfully watched Maya laid in the hospital as she breaths into the facemask, iv stuck in her wrist and the monitor continues to beep as her heart rate kept in the same format in between. I couldn't believe she was sick, and just last night we was talking on the phone and sounded a lot fine, but now... She's ill, I promised to help her out but I didn't think this was really happening but to see my sister in this rare condition had my heart breaking in million pieces.

"Mom, Meena, and Kamala...." Maya faintly said as she slowly opens her eyes turning to us as mom and Meena became relieved.

"Maya, oh god!" I exclaimed as she smiles reaching her hand out to us. Meena went to hug her mom while sobbing.

"I'm sorry if I scared you all, I wasn't feeling my best at all yesterday nor today."

"But why didn't you tell us that you wasn't feeling so well, we could've come and see ya right then and there?" Mom questioned as Maya felt guilty for not telling us everything, for a long time as I remembered, she forever stays to herself and never told anyone personally about her situation. That's how Maya has always been.

"I hope I didn't scare anyone, did I?" She questioned as she looked at her daughter then back to us as she soon realized.

"Oh wow, I'm so sorry...."

"It's okay Maya, we forgive you." Her husband said as he walked in with the others.

"Thank you everyone, especially you mom." She faintly smiled.

"Sis, there's something I need you to do and it's really important, if anything like this happen to me, I'd made sure they pick you for this job." She firmly grabbed my hand, as I look at her wondering what she has to say.

"I was supposed to go outta town, tomorrow to visit a very important client of mine, and this is for a whole month of business work related to politics." She said as my eyes widened by what she said.

"W-wait, where exactly? By the way, who is this 'very important client' you speaking?" I didn't know anything about this part of the assignment, and not even one person told me about anything.

"Los Angeles, California. I'm supposed to be there for a whole month until the business is done with, that's all I was planning on doing." She then sat up from the bed.

"I don't get it sis, why all of the sudden this is being brought up. I didn't sign up for this. I didn't know this is what you do." I said looking in disbelief.

"Mom, who is this guy auntie has to meet?" Meena questioned.

"His name is Douglas Emhoff but, please do me a favor to not search him up on Google or anything once your on the road." She said looking at me as I furrowed my eyebrow, great now I have to leave town to meet a man I don't even know or even seen. Never even heard of him before, and I highly doubt he's a politician. He could be anyone.

"Kamala don't worry, they already set up hotel arrangements where your staying while traveling, they covered everything and didn't forget anything. Just do this for me, and I'll do anything for you once I feel better." She said as I sighed giving in to her plea.

"But go easy on him, he's really touch around the edges and mainly hard to reach." She warned me while grinning. Great, now whoever this Doug I'm meeting is probably tougher than I thought. Out of all the people in the world has to be the assholes who I don't got time to deal with. Welp this ain't gonna be pleasent I know for a fact. Not only I had to interview him but help this man out on many things that he requested.

"Fine, I'll do and that's it Maya." I said crossing my arms as Maya smiled at me.

Doug's POV

Well ain't this something, my life has always been perfectly normal ever since I been on my own, building myself into success, but more so over. Women has come and go, they're nothing but scum to me. I only used them for night then give them money to shut up, that's what they after mainly... Money. I was once married to a powerful woman however we both fell apart, and she began an secret love affair with my so called half brother of mine who is completely jealous of my success. I have two most beautiful children in the world, Cole and Ella that I wouldn't dare to give up for anything and I'm a celebrity, since the finalizing, I come see the kids every weekends and spend time with them.