Chapter 14: Meeting the kids

Warning: drama

Kamala's POV

I suddenly awoken up nauseous early hours to the morning light as I ran in the bathroom gagging. I got to the toilet in time and started throwing up, spitting up the food I ate hours ago on the repeat. I sat on the floor feeling a little weak, must've been the pizza I had earlier.

"Kamala... Baby?" Doug wakes up as I flushed the toilet. He comes in and saw me.

"Hey you alright?" He asked as I weakly got up.

"Ugh, my stomach hurts a little it's probably I had too much to eat or the pizza got to me..." I said as I began brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth out.

"I'm gonna make some tea, hopefully by then you'll be alright." He walks to the kitchen and began making tea as I sat down at the chair.

"Here baby, hopefully this will make you feel better." He handed me a cup of tea as I began drinking.

"I'm gonna go ahead and lay back down." I said heading back to bed as Doug stayed up.

2 hours passed as I smelled food being brought in the room as I got up from the bed. Doug brought the food over to me, while he got the cup of coffee ready.

"This looks good, hotel meals can sometimes make you feel welcomed." I said cutting the pancake with the plastic knife.

"Well then, do you prefer my cooking?" Doug questioned.

"To be honest yes, yours is somehow better especially the breakfast you made yesterday morning at my place." I said before taking a bite off the egg.

"I should do that more often then." He winked at me as I blushed a little.

Once we ate together, Doug and I got ready in the together. It's unclear where he's taking me but I bet he wanted to surprise me again like always. By the time we got dressed, both of us left the hotel and got in the car.

"So where are we going today?" I asked.

"Remember you said that you wanted to meet my children one day, so today we're going to see them. Besides my ex wife... She's gonna be there." Doug furrowed his expression. When mentioning his ex, must've made him a tab bit angry a little.

"Don't worry, I bet your kids are so adorable Dougie." I smiled trying to lighten up the mood as Doug softens up to me. We pulled out of the parking garage and began heading. Doug's family lives 2 hours away from us so it's a long ride there and coming back. I hope they won't leave a bad impression on me thinking I'm some random stranger, besides I can relate to these things because when I was little my parents were divorced.

After making one stop from the gas station to getting back on the long expressway, we finally made it to his children's house. I began having butterflies and became really nervous on how they'll think of me. I want Doug to have that special bond with his kids, besides who knows how long has it been when he last saw them.

"Daddy!" His son calls out running to the car as I got out with Doug.

"How's my son doing, get over here and give your dad a hug." His son gave him a bear hug as he became proud to meet him.

"Kamala, I like you to meet my son Cole." Doug introduced me as the little boy his behind his dad. I knew this was gonna happen so I put on my brave face.

"Hi, my name is Kamala Harris. It's so nice to meet you, don't be scared I won't bite." Cole then approached me a little.

"It's okay son, she's daddy's new friend." Doug reassured him as his son finally hugged me.