Chapter 16: We're having twins🤰🏽🍼

Kamala's POV

After coming back from the amusement park, Doug along with his kids and I celebrated the engagement. I was so thrilled that whole evening to the point I shared the news to my mom and sister. Once I announced that me and Doug is getting married, mom and Maya was so happy for us. Meena shared the news to the rest of the family on the phone as they congratulated us.

Mom then began making plans for the wedding and started looking for wedding dresses and even a banquet halls for the occasion. Not only I'm marrying Doug, but I'm also gonna be Cole and Ella's Step mom, even though they called me their mom already, this felt so unreal and I thought this was a dream I've been having but then I realized it's officially happening.... I'm finally getting married! We've celebrated that whole evening at the restaurant, by the time we got back to the hotel, his kids became so tired that they ended up falling asleep on our way up to the room, I held Ella as Doug carried Cole to the room.

We put the kids on the bed as Double went to shut the door. I laid beside them as Cole and Ella clutch on my arm. I became so tired that I nearly fell asleep with them alongside with Doug who watched over us that night... Everything seemed peaceful that is until dawn again....

I woke up suddenly not feeling so well as I ran to the bathroom covering mouth, as I finally got to the toilet throwing up again, this is the third time I got sick. Upon this I began to experience back pain.

"Kamala?" Doug called out as I continued to spitting up in the toilet, coughing and somehow got dizzy.

Doug walks in saw me sitting on the floor right by the toilet as I began gagging. He rushes over to my side and noticed how pale I looked.

"Baby, you okay?" He questioned I became quiet and unresponsive to him for a moment.

"I don't feel so good...." I managed to say weakly as he began getting me up.

"Baby, I'm taking you to the hospital." He said in a concerned look on his face.

"Kids, we're going to the hospital. Wake up you two." He tapped his kids gently as they wake. We didn't get dressed or anything, wearing pajamas as Doug carries me to the car alongside his kids follow behind as we got in. He brought the garbage can with us just in case I throw up again while on our way there.

Doug calls Maya and told her to meet at the hospital downtown in Oakland, where my sister was staying at one point.

"Don't worry baby, you'll be fine once we see the doctor." Doug reassures me as I lied back. My head began spinning suddenly, once we got to the entrance of the emergency room. Doug opens the door along with his kids as he comes by opening the passenger door and began carrying me inside while Cole closed the door behind.

"Help, someone help! My fiancée is feeling so well, I need a doctor quick!" Doug shout as the doctor began phoning assistance to come to the main floor. One nurse rushed over with the wheel chair as Doug tried to get me to sit down... My head kept spinning and I felt completely dizzy suddenly....

It felt like was gonna faint, as everything around me began buzz loudly. I couldn't understand what the doctors were saying... Then it happened... I fell to the floor passing out from the dizziness and the overwhelmed pressure....

"Kamala, baby!" Doug's can be heard a little as I slowly closed my eyes....

I forgot how long I was out cold, the only thing I remembered was coming inside the hospital with Doug and the children....

Couple of hours passed and it was 6 in the morning, as I looked to my surroundings... I'm in the hospital. I turned to see Doug sitting on the couch as the children laid near him. I slowly sat up and saw IV attached to my arm along with the hospital gown I'm wearing. The female nurse comes as she soon noticed I was awake outta my sleep.