Chapter 15: Amusement Park proposal

Kamala's POV

It's been a couple days since I've returned home, and often at times I've been spending time with Doug while he does zoom meetings while away from his work place. His children are such adorable children and half of the time when he's doing something I take his place and spend time with his kids while they play.

My sister got a chance to meet them as I introduced them to her.

"Aww they're so cute and adorable. Now all you need to do is make a baby so our mom won't complain again." Maya goofs as the kids laugh.

"Maya! Not in front of the kids...." I exclaimed.

"Your daddy's new friend so can you like give us a sibling, I want a brother." Cole suggested as my face flutters in red.

"No! I want a sister, so I can play tea parties with her!!!" Ella pouted.

"Okay you two calm down." I said trying to calm them down as they argue over a baby.

"Hey what's going on?" Doug came out concerned.

"Daddy, we want a baby sibling from your friend!" They both said as Doug and I blushed looking at each other.

"Maybe one day, when that time comes." He gave me a wink as I blushed hard. After the hangout with my sister, we all spend a day at the museum together like a supposed family. So many things has happened and of course I wanted to clear Doug's thoughts ease him up a bit.

"You okay?" I asked as Doug began fidgeting his fingers.

"Yeah just thinking." He said quickly responding.

"I have a surprise for you tomorrow, I hope you'll like it." He said as I became more curious.

"Oh really, can you tell me?" I asked as he shook his head jokingly.

"Nope, you have to wait until tomorrow." Doug kissed my cheek as we kept exploring the exhibit. Once we was finished with the fun filled evening, we went to the hotel after eating out at the restaurant, the kids wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese so we took them there and they had so much fun.

Hours later at night I began reading them a bedtime story as Cole and Ella slept.

"Kamala, can you sleep with us we're scared." Ella asked as I got in the bed with them.

"Has your mom read you any stories at night before bedtime?" I asked as Cole frowned.

"No, she didn't want to read us a story nor she had time for us. She told mean uncle James that she regretted having us and she claimed we're nothing but a burden to her *sniffs* she hates us...." Cole and Ella began crying as I held them close to my arms. The pain is so unimaginable, what kind of mom is she to treat her kids poorly like this?

"Shh, it's okay... You have nothing to fear because she's not here anymore." I calmed them down as they snuggle up to me.

"Kamala? Can you please be our mommy?" Ella asked as I felt my heart ache as tears nearly forms. All my life up till now, sometimes imagine myself as mom of my own child... I felt bad for the kids and I clearly want to help them more, it doesn't matter if I'm not biologically theirs but that doesn't mean I'll never stop loving them.

"Sure, anything for you baby." I said as they laid beside me in bed. Imagine me being a mom would be a wonderful feeling of all time. If I become a mom and Doug becomes a father....

 If I become a mom and Doug becomes a father